Second Skin Audio

3 15" L7's Box Design - Willing to Pay For Design

Cynner

yeah just did a bit of research on the formulas.. google does wonders haha. Also I decided to go one port. I was told by a few guys with some big systems might get me a bit more SPL. Starting the build this weekend yay!

I'm not an out of control driver, I'm completely in control.. only sideways..

-Nissan R32GTR running 213KW RB20DET on 14lbs of boost.

-Holden Commodore VY SS UTE running stock.

-Holden Rodeo mini truck project, soon to be running SR20 on 13lbs of boost.

-Landcruiser UTE running 1UZFE v8 11" Lift on 35" MT Classic II's wrapped in Cooper STTs.

^^ and the list goes on..

Well after doodling at work, this is the design..

Starting Friday night. ;]

boxxx.jpg

Haha dont laugh at the hand writting or drawing. I did it while on a call with an old person who couldn't read.

Thanks again for all the help SPEED! You're a good guy.

-Landcruiser UTE running 1UZFE v8 11" Lift on 35" MT Classic II's wrapped in Cooper STTs.

haha well, maybe you can tell me if I'm doing it wrong but was going to cut the port in half and put it back together (after doing the math) and make it a V to go above the 3 subs where it says 10" and 10" and still going to be the same exact port just.. in a v shape and not a straight port shape.. ha. I bet you're probably thinking.. what the hell. XP

haha well, maybe you can tell me if I'm doing it wrong but was going to cut the port in half and put it back together (after doing the math) and make it a V to go above the 3 subs where it says 10" and 10" and still going to be the same exact port just.. in a v shape and not a straight port shape.. ha. I bet you're probably thinking.. what the hell. XP

your subs wont in a v formation you need like 4-6 more inches to do that... i was messing around w the sub formation and your ports heres what i came up with...

ghjghjgh.jpg

your ports would be 8" wide, 10" tall and 8.5" deep. the box after all disp,(subs, bracing, 45's etc...) is 19.8ft^3 tuned to 34.5Hz using 1" wood.

i can make a new model of whatever you like or put tha rest of the details in this one... you tell me what u want :drinks:

lol you can make the port however you wish this will be your design.. but imo, square port, or a round, or flanged port will do just fine.., if you end up doing a triangle as one port the port will need to be twice the length of a square port..because you just ripped a square port diagonally in half to make a triangle, so doubling up on the length will fix this issue..

the other option would be to have the subs installed like a diamond just like your drawing, then have 2 square ports turned like a diamond..just for the looks ya know.. but take your time, think it out.. cuz once you put it all together and you don't like the way it looks or sound.. guess what .. time for another rebuild.. more wood, glue and so fourth..

Have you yet figured out where to put your amps and batteries??

i know where you could put the amps and batteries but it would require you to leave out the extra 5 inches on the depth where your 30" lies.. make it 25" but i think the batts are like 6 to 8 inches wide... not sure depends on the brand you get.. batteries go on bottom and then build an amp rack on top of it or mount it to the back of your enclosure, but use some 2x4's first to create a column up/down or left to right whichever suits you then mount another piece of sheet of mdf on top of that then mount your amps... just ideas i'm giving you.. you don't have to take my word for it :)

Archived