Sundown Audio

New Amps in And It Sounds Alot Better. Got One Question Though.

ok so i got 2 new audiopipe 1500D's in for the summer build im gonna be doing, they r the 5th and 6th one's out of the 8 im gonna be having and they look good. i just cant seem to find out what these two r pushing. i took all the readings and i cant seem to get the calculation right. lol. im having a brain fart(really sick right now). i strapped the two new ones that i have. fresh out of the box and i wanted to check them. here r the numbers. i just tried one test tone cause i was starting to feel really sick again. bare with me on this.

@14.4v full tilt(car off)

1.8 ohm after pulldown

41Htz test tone

64Amp draw from Batts with clamp

109.8 ACv from speaker terminal

if someone could help me out figuring what these r putting out i would really appreciate it. thanks again.

ohh and for the build, is gonna be the G6 with 4 Fi BTL 18's walled off in a 6th order Bandpass lovin about 3000W a piece . :santa:

How exactly are you going to fit 4 18's in a G6

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

bandpass man...

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

you need to measure AC amperage and AC voltage to get wattage.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

you need to measure AC amperage and AC voltage to get wattage.

i mesured both. i put the clamp on the 2 positive power wires for the amp draw test. the clamp was set to AC Amps. and i connected the DMM to the + and - speaker terminals on the amp and set it to ACv.

the numbers r

64 amps draw from both Amps togeather(cause they r strapped)

and the amps put out 109.8 AC volts throught the speaker terminals.

l_d84bec7fc92a482096f0e50d42640865.jpg

l_399630f375404c95ba65864f48283e72.jpg

Not a bad design but I don't see there being enough space, good luck.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Not a bad design but I don't see there being enough space, good luck.

the whole back seat is takin out and the trunk is walled off where the back of the back seat was so its all cabin pressure. no trunk rattle at all. i have some pics of what it looks like. ohh and i have measured the back for a wall and i have 30cubic foot of room for this box.

ok ur wall will take up most of that space and ur dis. of bracing and subs and ports in the long run u will not have the room for it

just saying

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

ok ur wall will take up most of that space and ur dis. of bracing and subs and ports in the long run u will not have the room for it

just saying

i dont mean this in a ass hole way or anything but. i guess ill have to work around that when i get to that part. lol. thanks for the advice though. i appreciate it alot.