Sundown Audio

New Amps in And It Sounds Alot Better. Got One Question Though.

i mesured both. i put the clamp on the 2 positive power wires for the amp draw test. the clamp was set to AC Amps. and i connected the DMM to the + and - speaker terminals on the amp and set it to ACv.

the numbers r

64 amps draw from both Amps togeather(cause they r strapped)

and the amps put out 109.8 AC volts throught the speaker terminals.

well if the clamp meter was on the speaker wires as well (this would not be "draw" so im a little confused) then you were seeing 7027w

if you clamped the power wire then you did it wrong. the power wires are DC current.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

well if the clamp meter was on the speaker wires as well (this would not be "draw" so im a little confused) then you were seeing 7027w

if you clamped the power wire then you did it wrong. the power wires are DC current.

the clamp was not on the speaker terminals. it was on the power wire. the DMM was on the speaker term's.

the clamp is supposed to be set at AC Amps on the power wire.

Edited by kleinteich2