Bandpassing Mids

i dont understand the concept at hand, ive seen other threads regarding the same issue but i can't understand fully, so instead of thread jacking i guessed id make my own thread.

i dont own this equipment i just have a question about it, it has a bandpass option but how would i crossover the mids?

lpf goes up to 150Hz, and hpf goes up to 15khz.

http://images.sonicelectronix.com/images/414319/big/zxi6041k.jpg

Yo despues que las asomo... papa tu sabes como es que somos esto es flores pa los muertos y pa' mis enemigos plomo la 9 nunca se turba cuando bajan por la curva no es que yo no salga es que ustedes no entran pa la urba de humacao - Cosculluela.

i dont understand the concept at hand, ive seen other threads regarding the same issue but i can't understand fully, so instead of thread jacking i guessed id make my own thread.

i dont own this equipment i just have a question about it, it has a bandpass option but how would i crossover the mids?

lpf goes up to 150Hz, and hpf goes up to 15khz.

http://images.sonicelectronix.com/images/414319/big/zxi6041k.jpg

Why would a box design be listed on an amplifier...you sure that stands for bandpass? LOL

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

this is how that amp is grouped.

2e1vr5x.jpg

so the bandpass is only on channels 3 and 4. i dont know how accurate 10hz to 15000hz is gonna be on a single knob but you can give it a shot i guess. thats a horrible design flaw IMO.

mids you would generally bandpass from 80hz high pass to 3000-4000 low pass.

edit: wait confusing, i know i used the correct terms but the amp seems to have it backwards.

Edited by Kranny

Why would a box design be listed on an amplifier...you sure that stands for bandpass? LOL

a bandpass crossover is generally a crossover that cuts off a low frequency AND a high frequency for a single driver.

a bandpass crossover is generally a crossover that cuts off a low frequency AND a high frequency for a single driver.

Thanks...never seen that before. So would be good for something like midbass I guess?

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

this is how that amp is grouped.

2e1vr5x.jpg

so the bandpass is only on channels 3 and 4. i dont know how accurate 10hz to 15000hz is gonna be on a single knob but you can give it a shot i guess. thats a horrible design flaw IMO.

mids you would generally bandpass from 80hz high pass to 3000-4000 low pass.

edit: wait confusing, i know i used the correct terms but the amp seems to have it backwards.

exactly my point, so the bandpass option is pretty much useless right?

Yo despues que las asomo... papa tu sabes como es que somos esto es flores pa los muertos y pa' mis enemigos plomo la 9 nunca se turba cuando bajan por la curva no es que yo no salga es que ustedes no entran pa la urba de humacao - Cosculluela.

exactly my point, so the bandpass option is pretty much useless right?

absolutely not useless. you use the BP option when you dont use/want an external crossover to run a midrange speaker.

...how would it work then??? how would i bandpass the mids? idk this amp confuses me.

...how would it work then??? how would i bandpass the mids? idk this amp confuses me.

if you dont plan on using it then theres no point in asking then IMO.

set the switch to BP though and set to 80hz and 4000hz.

yea sorry not using the amp it was just a question, so lpf 80hz and then hpf 4khz or hpf at 80hz and lpf at 150hz lol?