Second Skin Audio

Safe Power For Fi Q 12"

I am looking into 2 12" Fi Q subwoofers. I am wondering what a save daily RMS Wattage is. I am looking into either the T1000-1bdCP or the T1500-1bdCP; one each for both subs. I am wondering if somewhere in the range of 1250 - 1500 Watts RMS would be ok for these subs, or should I stick to 1000 watts?

If you get all the options for the Q they can take 1500 each no sweat.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

i ran a fi q 15 with an aq1200 and it took it easily. coulda handled a lot more too.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

have you ran one before ericr? if you havent then gtfo

I was talking with someone on the forum who was selling fully loaded Q's, said they could handle 1500 easy. Just saying.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

With my experience they would do fine with recommended power even with all options with a little over 1000 which is why i recommended the smaller rockford.

Edited by Bumpindemlowzz

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

have you ran one before ericr? if you havent then gtfo

Excuse me who the fuck are you talking to ? Yes I ran 2 Q 10's on a saz3k. Now you gtfo.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Well, I guess I can get the T1500-1bdCP and just dial it back... I just fear the "Birth Sheet" and it's power ratings... If I get a 1500 watt amp that can put out 2000 watts, I'll have to dial it back to a little over half... I guess it's always better to have some excess there than to have not enough...