FI BL 18 confusion

og407

ok i dont know exactly how to write this but here it goes:

in the trunk frome side to side its 41 in.

its 21 in from top/bottom

and trunk from back of trunk to rear seats is 25 in.

these are my max dimensions i could get but even the box i have already it kinda seals the back seat port and i dont want that i feel as if thats blocking most of the air from coming into the car but idk YOu guys tell me whats best since you guys have more expierence so thanks again..

From my experience with an hifonics amp, I would say that's half of your problem(that's personal opinion though). The other half would be the box, unless its 6cuft+ before displacement. You may just also be getting used to it, I feel like my 18 isn't loud at all, but a lot of people can't even sit in my car.

same here. give the sub bout 6ft an you wont be dissapointed. an a jeep to a sealed off mavima or whatever? wow, its not just about the speaker its about the vehicle too.

a jeep an a maxima are 2 different classes, you would never meet up in the lanes. to even the playing field port the rear deck or flip the seat down an seal off the trunk from the inside and you should go up in SPL. an even if his jeep is loud its a damn jeep its gunna b loud thats what they are known for. he could have a damn sony 12 in it an it would still thump, an about the air moving again thats what they do.

ok so today i took my box out and flipped it now it sits port and sub facing inwards the car..i get more front windshield flex,i actually feel a whole lot more air in the car BUT i still dont feel that hit that i know these subs can do.. should i get another hifonics of the same on and run one at each coil?

a jeep an a maxima are 2 different classes, you would never meet up in the lanes. to even the playing field port the rear deck or flip the seat down an seal off the trunk from the inside and you should go up in SPL. an even if his jeep is loud its a damn jeep its gunna b loud thats what they are known for. he could have a damn sony 12 in it an it would still thump, an about the air moving again thats what they do.

Wtf are you talkin about. Shit were comparing a l7 15 to an BL 18. I don't give a shit if its a suv, he's obviously doing something wrong...he should be louder hands down. At least twice the power and more cone area.

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.

ok so today i took my box out and flipped it now it sits port and sub facing inwards the car..i get more front windshield flex,i actually feel a whole lot more air in the car BUT i still dont feel that hit that i know these subs can do.. should i get another hifonics of the same on and run one at each coil?

told ya

Wtf are you talkin about. Shit were comparing a l7 15 to an BL 18. I don't give a shit if its a suv, he's obviously doing something wrong...he should be louder hands down. At least twice the power and more cone area.

so if it was in a mercedes or a lexus where the gas tank is behind the back seat an its a really good seal separating the trunk and cabin it would still be louder just cuz its an 18?? dont think so. if it didnt matter then there wouldnt be different classes of vehicles at a bass competition. show mw a few people that do a 145 in a trunk WITHOUT the seat down an such.....dont worry ill wait. now show some people who do 145 in a suv ITS EASIER! the box looks a lil small to me i would try a 15 but if u cant do that try to tune the box lower for more air movement. that port looks a bit small this is my old fi btl 18 in a SPEC box. 6ft at 33 hz an it rocked the shit....thats not me in the pic. it is on my profile though that box was 45x19x20 with a 6 inch wide port 12 inches deep an 10 inches to the right

25488_1371122554889_1136491963_1116585_2314066_n.jpg

Archived