FI BL 18 confusion

og407

OK SO I JUST BOUGHT MY FI BL 18 AND IM NOT VERY IMPRESSED OR AM I JUST GETTING USED TO MY SUB? ITS RUNNING OFF A HIFONICS 1600. FOR RIGHT NOW I HAVE A STOCK ALT,STOCK BAT, AND I PLAN ON REPLACING SOON. I FEEL AS IF MY SUB SHOULD BE DOING ALLOT BETTER I GET SOME FRONT WINDSHEILD FLEX BUT NOT MUCH. I FEEL SOME/LITTLE AIR MOVING THROUGH MY CAR. MAYBE MY PROBLEM IS THAT ITS IN A 04 ALTIMA? MY SUB AMD PORT ARE FACING OUT.I COPIED A FRIENDS 15 L7 KICKER BOX ILL UPDATE TOM WITH PIX AND SPECS OF BOX... HE HAS HIS L7 IN A CHEROKEE AND HIS KNOCKS!!!!! YOU CAN FEEL SO MUCH AIR MOVING ITS RIDICOULOUS.! AND THEY ALL TALK CRAP BECAUSE HIS LITTLE OL KICKER SOUNDS BETTER THAN MY FI.. SO ALL YOU KICKER HATERS PLEASE HELP ME OUT HAHA. I JUST WANT SOME IDEAS/ SUGGESTIONS FOR MY SUB. IVE SEEN WHAT LITTLE 12 CAN DO AND AS OF RIGHT NOW IM KINDA PISSED? SO ANY BOX IDEAS MOVING MY BOX ROUNDING CORNERS OR IDK JUST PLEASE HELP ME OUT AND THANKS...

why would you copy a L7 15s box for a 18? im sorry thats retarded

you should have made a box as specified on the website in the specs.....

Ported box: 5-8cuft | 5-8cuft

from their website... give it about 15 square inches of port per cube and tune to 35, you should be happy

also... a trunk car vs a suv.. sound completely different..

and is the BL dual 2 ohm? do you have it wired down to 1 ohm?

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

YEAH I HEAR YOU BUT SINCE I WAS SHORT ON MONEY I FIGURED I WOULD TRY THIS OUT? SO YOUR SAYING BOX IS MY PROBLEM? SO IS THERE ANY ONE ON THIS FROUM THAT CAN MAKE ME A BOX DESIGN TO SPECS AND I PAY? I WAS THINKING ABOUT GOING TO AUDITISTICS FOR A BOX BUT THEY WANT LIKE 200+ FOR A BOX?

Firstly please remove you hand from the shift key or press the caps lock button just one more time.... Typing normally is alot easier to read.

Secondly, please provide the max dimensions that you can fit the box in and either what Hz u want it tuned to or the music you listen too. Most likely around 34hz for people who like it to "knock".

Just need the max dimensions and I can design you a box.

1988 Honda City E

• Big 3 in 1/0
  • Venom 6x9
  • Venom 6.5 Components
  • Response 4x100 midz and highs amp
  • Fusion NV 2500.1: STOLEN
  • 2 x 12 inch fusion nv subs
  • 10 inch 5 doller subs in my doors

PM me if you want help with electrical

From my experience with an hifonics amp, I would say that's half of your problem(that's personal opinion though). The other half would be the box, unless its 6cuft+ before displacement. You may just also be getting used to it, I feel like my 18 isn't loud at all, but a lot of people can't even sit in my car.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

1) Loose the caps...it is known as YELLING, and is incredibly hard to read.

2) Fix your electrical system...you don't run a race car off of e-85 with a high compression motor and a super charger...don't run a speaker off of a stock electrical system...it is made JUST to run the car and 250 watts or so additional..that's it. Nissan definitely didn't plan on you putting a damn near 2000 watt stereo in your car.

3) Build a box for the sub...you don't have a size 13 foot and just order a "pair of shoes" off of ebay because you needed a new pair of shoes...they show up you have a size 3 steel toe boot and a size 19 running shoe...because..you just "ordered a pair of shoes" and you got what you thought you wanted because you didn't read the auction and that is what you got. There's nothing wrong with the sub, there's thousands of them out there with people that are nothing but happy..speakers are stupid, they simply do what you tell them to do in the environment that you put them in. They are ONLY as good as the install and the loose nut behind the control knobs.

4) The amp...eh..it might work ok. Again, you can make the greatest thing in the world, put it in a really crappy environment...and it isn't going to work so well.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

change your box, and btw, different vehicles will sound different.. you have a trunk car trying to sound like a SUV, its really hard to make it sound like that, if you did sub forward and port through rear deck you could prob get louder that way, i know a few competitors that do that

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Archived