The Super Malibu, 2 12's on 6k+

did you tape over the underside of the rear deck where I told you to?

Just taped up the speaker holes on the rear deck, that's where most of the air is coming from. I'll do more when I get home from work.

4 18's, low power and lots of gay fur.

Team gg

Team DOA

My Videos :)

Yup, You aren't completely sealed off from the back yet. In your case, there is a rear cancellation wave making it sound quieter with the trunk shut. Open the trunk, and the cancellation wave doesn't make it back into the cabin, make sense?

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

Yup, You aren't completely sealed off from the back yet. In your case, there is a rear cancellation wave making it sound quieter with the trunk shut. Open the trunk, and the cancellation wave doesn't make it back into the cabin, make sense?

so would it be beneficial to completely seal it or should he just open the trunk when he is metering?

yeah im not completly sealed up either. so its louder with trunk open if your not sealed up completly? im confused too.. that doesnt make sense because like he said arent the waves escaping?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

yeah im not completly sealed up either. so its louder with trunk open if your not sealed up completly? im confused too.. that doesnt make sense because like he said arent the waves escaping?

A subwoofer gives off two sound waves. One from the front, one from the back. When these sound waves come in contact with each other, they cancel out. This is why they are put into enclosures. Ported enclosures are used to manipulate the two waves to develop a certain "tuning." When you are not completely sealed off, air escapes from the cabin allowing sound pressure to escape into the trunk area... And as I was typing this... I realized I am confused as well... :(

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Started "beauty Paneling".

I have always liked the look of gorilla tape on a black box, The picture doesn't really do it justice, it just looks like a black wall.

I will do the rest when I cut the sides of the Foam off.

DSC00757.jpg

Edit: and I covered that piece of of silver mat up.

4 18's, low power and lots of gay fur.

Team gg

Team DOA

My Videos :)

Another tip, just take your rear deck cover off (if you can) then just start filling the holes with great stuff or you could just tape the hole thing off with a couple layers of gorilla tape. That's what I plan on doing.

Looking good so far :good:

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Archived