small problem turning EPIC

So I was playing my music at the averave volume I play when on my way to work and I saw a small cloud of smoke come from under my steering wheel I quickly turned off my music and checked out everything. Couldnt find anything wrong didnt see any burned wires or anything and all my electrical equip still worked even the system. So I went on, about a week later my heater fan started turing off and on, then my system started doing the same now neither come on at all. Here is first steps I took

Checked all fusing

Looked over all grounds

checked all relays

And didnt find a damn thing now im taking more drastic measures here is some pics just got started in search of the problem PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN

CAR; 88 CRX SI

Im checking all the wiring in the car. I mean all of it.

DSC02953.jpg

DSC02952.jpg

DSC02947.jpg

I had to get another vehicle just for the daily commute to work.

DSC02954.jpg

If anyone has any ideas that might make this process faster please I am open to opinions

steven.jpg

damn bro idk..

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Something caught on fire and you can't find the source of it?

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Something caught on fire and you can't find the source of it?

No not on fire I am guess something just got hot enough to melt some wiring and create a short. Maybe in the big bundles of wire there was some possible rubbing and over 20+ years it finally gave out.

steven.jpg

maybe might have to rewire the hole car.. so it doesnt drive? since you said the heat started first i would look into that wiring

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Could have shorted and melted the wire..then the exposed wire could have touched another wire that was exposed..or you could had a shorted out fuse. Guess you gotta go through it with a fine tooth comb.

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Could have shorted and melted the wire..then the exposed wire could have touched another wire that was exposed..or you could had a shorted out fuse. Guess you gotta go through it with a fine tooth comb.

Ya no shorted out fuses or relays Im going through everything now and using a dmm to test everything I can I will post more pics of what I find until the problem is solved

steven.jpg

Archived