Emoxihax Posted August 2, 2010 Report Posted August 2, 2010 Alright, so my sub is running on my kicker zx550.2(getting 550w) on the 500w sub. It is loud as shit for what it is, now my question is does the brand of sub really make that much of a difference with how loud it is? are there other 500-600w subs that could sound a lot louder for the same size/watts? or should I not worry about getting any new subs until I want to go higher watts? 2004 Volkswagen GLI 1 10" Skar VVX ^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^
mylows10 Posted August 2, 2010 Report Posted August 2, 2010 You are putting alt of power to a sub that can't handle that much power for long. If you bought a Dd , Ascendant , dc or another good sub not only will it sound better it will last longer and the best part is if you mess or blow it up you can recone it. You can't with your kicker cvr dc 12k 2 ascendant mayhem 12s xs power 200 amp alt 2 odyessy pc 2150 dc audio 175 x 4 scosche wires stinger inter connects 12 volt customs 175 amp alt pioneer avhp 4100 dvd arc audio eq cdt 6.5 components 152.8 db drag street c http://www.dcsoundlab.com/ //www.dcsoundlab.com/images/header.jpg
Guest Posted August 2, 2010 Report Posted August 2, 2010 dont worry about it. if it is true (idk if it is or not) then you would BARELY notice a change. the biggest thing is the box design. if you have a box that is designed to the exact/close specs of the manufacturers specs (99% of the time) that will be as loud as the woofer will get. at least thats my opinion.
Guest Posted August 2, 2010 Report Posted August 2, 2010 You are putting alt of power to a sub that can't handle that much power for long. If you bought a Dd , Ascendant , dc or another good sub not only will it sound better it will last longer and the best part is if you mess or blow it up you can recone it. You can't with your kicker cvr wtf?
Emoxihax Posted August 2, 2010 Author Report Posted August 2, 2010 You are putting alt of power to a sub that can't handle that much power for long. If you bought a Dd , Ascendant , dc or another good sub not only will it sound better it will last longer and the best part is if you mess or blow it up you can recone it. You can't with your kicker cvr this sub has been going strong for over a year now. only problem is when I try to push it too hard I notice the amp goes into protection mode.. which could be the amp and not the sub, not sure on that one yet though 2004 Volkswagen GLI 1 10" Skar VVX ^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^
Guest Posted August 2, 2010 Report Posted August 2, 2010 this sub has been going strong for over a year now. only problem is when I try to push it too hard I notice the amp goes into protection mode.. which could be the amp and not the sub, not sure on that one yet though protection mode would be the amps fault, either the way you wired the woofer to the 2 channel amp or the settings are wrong and you are clipping
Emoxihax Posted August 2, 2010 Author Report Posted August 2, 2010 the kicker amp runs mono 550w @ 4 ohms. the cvr is a dual 2 ohm sub. so I have it wired so the positive from the first channel and the negative to the last channel(that's what it shows as mono on the amp) then I ran the positive to the positive coil and the negative to the negative coil(I noticed there's 2 other coils on the other side I don't have touched to anything though o.o) is that how I was supposed to do it? 2004 Volkswagen GLI 1 10" Skar VVX ^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^
Guest Posted August 2, 2010 Report Posted August 2, 2010 the kicker runs mono 550w @ 4 ohms. it's a dual 2 ohm sub. so I have it wired so the positive from the first channel and the negative to the last channel(that's what it shows as mono on the amp) then I ran the positive to the positive coil and the negative to the negative coil(I noticed there's 2 other coils on the other side I don't have touched to anything though o.o) is that how I was supposed to do it? you are running that amp at 2 ohms with only one voice coil hooked up....absolutely not good. take that woofer out right now and rewire it like this the way you have it now is having each channel see a 1 ohm load (its built to see 2 ohms and up on each channel) on a single voice coil that was designed to be seen 250rms. if you wire it like the picture, the amplifier should never see protection mode again and your woofer will be happy (and louder)
Emoxihax Posted August 2, 2010 Author Report Posted August 2, 2010 just ran the wire between the two coils that weren't connected, I'll test it out tonight or tomorrow, thank you for the help 2004 Volkswagen GLI 1 10" Skar VVX ^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^
Emoxihax Posted August 2, 2010 Author Report Posted August 2, 2010 also: could that be why my amp would get really hot at times? 2004 Volkswagen GLI 1 10" Skar VVX ^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.