2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SYSTEM DESIGN - Experienced input welcomed!

Hey all.As of recently I've had a buddy of mine come to me with another vehicle.He used to have a Yukon that I did with some Focal Polyglass 165VRs on a Rockford T600-2, which can be seen here: 2007 GMC Yukon Install.He sold the Yukon and bought a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

All of the equipment is still pretty much undecided and can be changed as needed, but I have decided on the Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD for the source unit, and I also have a Digital Designs C3b brand new in the box that I may use in this build, as I would like to keep all the amps matching by the same company, and DD has a broad range of amplifiers.Rockford is another option as well.

He really liked the Focals and enjoyed the quality, but wanted more midbass, and the tweeters can be pretty harsh on the Focal stuff until you get to the K2 series.I was going to do away with the Focals and upgrade him to something better, and was thinking some Hertz Hi-Energys or even some DD components.Trying to keep the cost around $400 a pair or so, but there really isn't any price restrictions.I was also thinking about some Image Dynamics or some DLS stuff as well, but don't have much experience with either.

As far as bass, here's what he's got to work with: There is about 12 cubes easily in the back to work with while keeping it under the seat line.He doesn't care if it goes over the seat line, I just wanted to keep it that way for cosmetics.I am pretty set on doing two bad ass 15s back there in a beautiful box with maybe some plexi and nice inlays in it to show off the motors of the subs, or maybe do a design for him inside of the box with LEDs and whatnot.As far as bass, I've been considering the following:

2) DC Level 4 15s

2) DC Level 4 XL 15s

2) Fi BTL 15s

2) DD 3515s

2) AA Havoc 15s

1) AA SMD 18

Batteries will be XS Power.Not really looking for any input there B) However, which models and how many will be decided when I decide which sub setup he's going with and which amp to power them.Upgraded alternator will be in the mix as well.

If you've taken the time to read through all, or even some, of this, thank you very much.I really do appreciate any and all feedback, especially from those that are experienced with the Focal and Hertz stuff like Ray, James, etc.Thanks again, and I'll be sure to reward all with lots of pictures and videos ;)

where are you in FL?

I might have a hertz dealer close.

I would do hertz xl's but the cost is a bit higher.

the DD comps are nice too.

and as for subs, why not do "nice" subs too?

Like some hertz hx380d's??

they get kinda loud and only need 1krms each

and they sound great. and have pretty baskets.

the xl's are gonna want 150rms each at least.

batteries, I do upgraded front, and 2 g31's in the back

and a 270 alt

maybe even a voltage module

and a shit-ton of deadner

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

where are you in FL?

I might have a hertz dealer close.

I would do hertz xl's but the cost is a bit higher.

the DD comps are nice too.

and as for subs, why not do "nice" subs too?

Like some hertz hx380d's??

they get kinda loud and only need 1krms each

and they sound great. and have pretty baskets.

the xl's are gonna want 150rms each at least.

batteries, I do upgraded front, and 2 g31's in the back

and a 270 alt

maybe even a voltage module

and a shit-ton of deadner

Oh awesome, just the man I wanted to see this :yahoo:

I'm in Lakeland, and I used to work at a shop here in town that now deals Hertz, but the owner wasn't too happy about me leaving, and every time I've tried to get products from him he tries to charge me full MSRP.I've really been itching to try out the Hi-Energy XLs, but which set of the DD comps were you talking about?I see they have a few different sets on their website.

This guy has been like stuck in the middle of doing an all out just LOUD setup, with loudspeakers and what not, or more of an SQ setup.I keep telling him that it just defeats the purpose of going either way by trying to mesh the two.He wants loooooud ass bass, but I've been telling him over and over that sound quality and "brain rattling loudness" don't really go hand in hand.

As far as the batteries, I was thinking the biggest I could fit in the factory spot under the hood, and 2 D3100s in the back, with a + and - 0 gauge run to the back, maybe even 2 of each?

Alternator will come from either Iraggi or DC, maybe even Ohio Gen depending on if they got one for this truck.

Thanks for all your feedback Ray.It helps to have some one with a shit ton of experience with a whole lot of different companies.I appreciate it.