ok well i know ppl do them, iv just about done one too , its not a functional wall altho the box is sealed from the trunk i CAN take the top 1/4 off .. a friend of mines said its illegal to block the rear view mirror.. :o:angry:

is this true? i know it creates a blindspot but i searched on the internet and couldnt find anything about this..

im in the UK but i couldnt find anything on this for the US either, can any1 clear this u[]D for me?!?!

Im not sure about the UK, but in the Wisconsin Im pretty sure it is illegal to block your rear view mirror UNLESS your vehicle is registered as a truck and have truck license plates and have both side mirrors. Same thing also goes for suvs and vans, that you are only allowed to remove 1 row of the rear seating unless you have truck plates, and cargo vans must be registered as trucks because there are no rear seats. I also know you can be fined for having no rearview mirror in your car with 2 working side mirrrors (got that ticket already).

Im sure there is some law where your from, or if you call the department of motor vehicles if they have those in the uk, i got no idea.

Its a pretty stupid law to enforce and Im sure its not enforced to much either.

yeah the other thing is, iv been told by police many times, the front (side)door windows can only b tinted to a certain %, where as all the rear windows can be "as dark as u like", they were the exact words said by the officer,,

u see where im goin here?? if u can have them as dark as u like, maybe dark enough not to even be able to see out of them, arent the rules on blocking the rear view mirror a bit stupid?!

Edited by Quin

yea, window tinting varies by state in US. I know in Wisconsin the law is no darker then 50% tint allowed on the front driver and passenger side windows, no darker then 35% on the rear driver and passenger side windows, and no darker the 35% on the rear window.

Now in Illinois a neighboring state to WI the law changes too no tint on the front window, and as dark as you want on your rear driver and passenger side and rear window.

Now in Minnesota another neighboring state to WI the law reads this. No darker then 50% on the windows all away around, and must not be no more then 20% reflective.

For the uk I dont know.

You can read this here http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13578 the post said uk tint law, but i didnt read it., and the poster dapaatints also said this which i didnt make much sense of on another forum

DapaaTints

Aug 20 2003, 05:44 AM

UK law currently states that the driver and front passenger windows must only be treated with a light tint.

The back windows can be treated with any shade.

The front windscreen must be free of any shading, apart from a 6" strip across the top.

Note: Driver, front passenger and windscreen must comply with new visible light transmission regulations. Driver and front passenger minimum 70% V.L.T and windscreen min 75% V.L.T.

Hope this helps

WWW.DAPAATINTS.CO.UK

Maybe you could email him or something and find out for sure.

PS: In the USA you do not need a outside driverside mirror, only the rearview and passenger outside mirror.. LoL

Edit: Ok I think I understand what he is saying No darker then 70% on the front driver and passenger side windows. Dark as you want on the rear driver and passenger side windows and rear window, and only 6 inches down from the top of your front windshield going accross (where that blue factory tint is). Most states will allow you to tint about a inch below the stock tint on top of your window, but if the cop wants to be a dick you will get fined..

Edited by audiofanaticz

hmm,,, ok thanks alot dude, il hav to keep a 3/4 wall just to b on the safe side,, of course thats defeats the obkect of havin a 'wall' but then again i guess its good to hav a rear view to see who's behind u and when parking etc, altho i would hav overcome that by adding a rear camera, no doubt id probably end up being pulled over in this type of car too,, 'drug dealers car' apparently according to many over here n ive heard a lot of theives use them for transport/getaway..

man i liked my setup too, good job i didnt complete it fully, laws, dont u just love em? <_<

I wonder what they would say if you set up a rearview camera that showed like what the mirror would then replaced the factory rearview mirror with one with a TV in it and wired it all up, you still have your rearview mirror and it's functional. But on the tint here in MO, it's front window down to the AS1 line as dark as you want, front driver and passenger no darker than 35%, and the rest are as dark as you want (yes I can even spray paint mine black in the back and be legal).

HU: JVC KD-AVX1Speakers: Stock BlazerSub: 2 Mass Destruction Car Audio Sidewinder 12"Amp: Orion HCCA-D1200 @ 1ohm (600 RMS)Box: 3.0 cubes tuned to 35

(yes I can even spray paint mine black in the back and be legal).

/\ :o

i dunno what theyd say,, knowing my luck id b told to take it out or risk going to court LOL

man,. im gna just do a half to 3/4 wall just to save any future hassle, least that way i can see if any1's following me too...

to add a camera means to buy head unit with a display or something similar, id rather just spend that litle extra money id put into that kinda head unit or mirror into gettin an additional amp n battery

i live in florida and just got a 79$ ticket 2 days ago for my "rear view being obstructed".. i showed him my 2 side mirrors worked and backup camera and everything

That cop must have been having a bad day or just wanted to be a dick....i got some buddies who are in the local sheriff's office and there words were...we got better shit to do than bust people for having big systems in their cars, thats time spent when i could be doing something actually productive...i thought in fla it was at least having two side mirrors but i could be wrong..

xa-1.gif