Sonic Electronix

Im installing a radio in 1999 s10 trailblazer. When I look up a harness it gives me this one

Metra_70-1858_lg.jpg

But when I took the radio out it had two clips. One clip fit into that harness ^ and the other one was a smaller clip. Is the smaller clip just for the cd changer, or is it for the factory amp if this vehicle even has one. So do I need to get a different harness or is that all I need if Im not going to be using the cd changer.

Thanks for the help

Maybe the second clip is for OnStar?

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

there isnt a factory amp in the blazer i have a 97' its i know for my warring harness i got for that goes from cars harness to headunit harness has three spots that it clips onto if you need a pic i can get it

this is a 1999 s10 blazer with the trailblazer package, and the factory HU doesnt have a cd player on it. It has two plugs, The bigger plugs fits into the harness I posted above but there is a smaller plug that cant fit anywhere on the install harness I posted above. So Im wondering if that smaller plug is just to control the factory cd changer

I have that head unit. It shares the same harness as the three other Kenwood decks I have ran. Just ebay that shit man! And with the smaller clip, plug the bigger one into your head unit, start the vehicle up, and play around with it. You don't need to re-assemble the dash to do this. Did you say it has a factory cd changer? If so that is probably it. I just did a radio install where it also had a smaller clip for the cassette player. No need for it anymore.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

its a 99' doubt it has on star lol

Dude OnStar came out in like 96 or something... I think it came as an option for S10/Blazer in 98.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

I have that head unit. It shares the same harness as the three other Kenwood decks I have ran. Just ebay that shit man! And with the smaller clip, plug the bigger one into your head unit, start the vehicle up, and play around with it. You don't need to re-assemble the dash to do this. Did you say it has a factory cd changer? If so that is probably it. I just did a radio install where it also had a smaller clip for the cassette player. No need for it anymore.

yea Im pretty sure its just the factory cd changer control wires, so Ill have to test it out. Also found the harness for the HU from kenwood.

And no I dont think it has on star lol