Second Skin Audio

should have measured twice..now need help

after finishing building the box for my Fi BL that im expecting to get this monday, i wanted to test fit the box in my trunk to see how it would look and how i would kind of "bolt it down" to my trunk since i dont want it sliding around too much because i dont want to carpet it.

well when i went to put it in my trunk...it wouldn't fit! dammit i knew i should have measured twice so i wouldnt have to build the box twice. angry.gif

so my question for yall is how tuning would effect the SQ and or sub if its tuned a little higher than i wanted it to be.

i used tores tuning calculator and right now the box is 4.5 cubes tuned to 31 htz..but im thinking i can just cut two inches from the very top and it would be then 3.7 cubes tuned to 34 htz

what should i do? i dont want to run to lowes and buy another sheet of mdf and start from scratch

34 is still a good tuning I'm guessing ur running a 15.. And I loved 34 on my 1st 15 gets low and loud..

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Alpine cda 9886

4 AA Mayhem 15"s dual 1.4

1 Dc 9k

10.5 cubes tuned at 36hz

156.1 dash 154.6 meca mod 4 157.0 kick

2 xs power d3100s

mechman 270 amp

2011 Ca state champ meca modified 4 and p&p 4..

VIDEOS.............BUILD LOG

Can you get the box in from the inside?

no after i realized the box wouldnt fit through the outside i tried to put it in through the inside. completley gutted the back. unbolted the back seat, took off the seat belts, pretty much anything that could possibly give me even a half inch to work with but still no go. if only i had only one more inch i could have gotten the box in from the inside

can you remove the trunk hatch thing? Carpet in the trunk? Panels in the trunk? I know my old box the only way i could get it to go in was to remove the trunk latch and carpet panels then put the box in, and finally reassemble parts of the trunk

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

lol, i kno how ya feel, but the bad thing in my part is my geos trunk aint the factory trunk, it was hit in the ass end and was pull back out wit a frame machine and another trunk welded on to it

if i do a setup i will have to build my box in the trunk witch is gunna suck ass

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

on the inside you could cut a little bit of metal or maybe bend it out some if your ok with doing that to your car. only other way is cuttin your box down and re tuning if you need to.

yea i could easily take off maybe 3 inches of metal since their isn't anything connected to it, its just support for the backrest to the back seats but i dont want to cut anything since i dont see myself with this same car for more than a year. id rather cut the wood and make it fit through without cutting anything in the trunk/car

can you remove the trunk hatch thing? Carpet in the trunk? Panels in the trunk? I know my old box the only way i could get it to go in was to remove the trunk latch and carpet panels then put the box in, and finally reassemble parts of the trunk

hatch or latch? only thing i could cut through the trunk woultd be the metal holding down the latch where the trunk holds on to and i dont want to cut anything. yea i tried taking out everything i could that comes out to make room but unfortunately it still doesn't go in

lol, i kno how ya feel, but the bad thing in my part is my geos trunk aint the factory trunk, it was hit in the ass end and was pull back out wit a frame machine and another trunk welded on to it

if i do a setup i will have to build my box in the trunk witch is gunna suck ass

thats how im going to be. im going to get the second BL in about a month or two so once i get both subs ill have to build the box inside of my trunk. itll be a pain in the ass but its the only way i can make the box fit...since i dont want wall this bischcool.gif