Sonic Electronix

I posted before but noone knew what I was talking about. This time I have pics. When i bought this amp used from a friend I opened it up and saw this. The amp works though but tends to get a little hot. Amp is an Alpine MRP-M450.

Circled in red is where the location of the broken trace.

20k85d2.jpg

Up Close.

11lob5i.jpg

Edited by TommyK

2003 rsx:Alpine CDE-102Fosgate P300-1Fosgate P1 6.5"s15" Re SRX

only thing that could be is a ground. if you want to fix it, just throw some solder across the gap. or use wire. just complete the circuit.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

too much heat. maybe a + wire hit the heat sink? just a guess.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

the big hunk of metal that the board sits in lol. everything you see on the outside is a heat sink.

the big hunk of metal that the board sits in lol. everything you see on the outside is a heat sink.

So if I have the Neg wire plugged into my amp and then touch the Pos wire anywhere on the amp thats metal, it will short?

I just tested that with my multimeter, neg on neg on amp and pos on brushed metal outside and it has continuity. There is a burn mark on the same surface that I thought was from a cigarette but it bet thats what happened. Do you think if I fix it it will keep the amp cooler? or is that just normal for this amp to get a lil toasty?

I just tested that with my multimeter, neg on neg on amp and pos on brushed metal outside and it has continuity. There is a burn mark on the same surface that I thought was from a cigarette but it bet thats what happened. Do you think if I fix it it will keep the amp cooler? or is that just normal for this amp to get a lil toasty?

:shrug: its another path for current. could spread out some heat. though i doubt that would be the cause. either way you need to fix it.