Sonic Electronix

Adequate Electrical for 1500-2000RMS?

what is your voltage at idle with no subs on? like just normal idle? 14.4?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

yeah thats what mine is. completly stock electrical .no big 3 or anything. at idle it does 13.5v with nothing on. doing big 3 and putting a xs power 3400 in the back soon though. should help :)

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

yeah thats what mine is. completly stock electrical .no big 3 or anything. at idle it does 13.5v with nothing on. doing big 3 and putting a xs power 3400 in the back soon though. should help :)

what size is your stock alt and what kind of battery? how well does it do? mine has massive voltage drop on 50hz and below @ 1500rms

I have a XS D1200 and its a nice batt. I have a stock alt which is 105 amps, regular old batt up front, Big 3 in 2/0, 2 runs of 2/0 (1+,1-)and a D1200. I get a steady 13.6 at full tilt. As long as your connections are good I dont see a problem. Im gettin 1300ish after all rises out of my amp. I could see this batt supporting alot more power with the right charging system.

1995 Chevy Camaro

Alpine CDA-7892

1 SA-12

DD CM1 @1 ohms

XS Power D1200

Knukoncepts Fleks

Coming soon....

Beyma mids and highs, alot of them

what size is your stock alt and what kind of battery? how well does it do? mine has massive voltage drop on 50hz and below @ 1500rms

i think its a 60 or 70 amp alt ftl. i konw i got super voltage drop due to im on completly stock electrical.. it got so bad my amp went into protect. i should hopefully be resting at 14 volts after big 3 and my back batt

1j1450.png

Chances are, unless you get an external regulator, you probly won't get up to that 14.4. Sure doing big 3 lowers resistance, but if you aren't getting close to 14 now chances are you won't break it after doing big 3 and adding batteries. Batteries only store energy, they don't create the voltage you are seeking. Just my .02

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

I changed my mind... Im just getting an alternator and Big III for now... battery will come last, and can anyone explain the ECU further? and what measures I need to take to bypass it, most amplifiers require 14.4v to run their RMS so I'd like to rest there.