Cardboardcat15 Posted August 10, 2010 Report Posted August 10, 2010 I decided to hold off on building my new box, so I now am looking for some decent comps, and advice. I am hopefully looking to spend around 80-110 per set for comps (or coaxials) So far as comp sets go I am caught between http://cgi.ebay.com/Rockford-Fosgate-P1652-S-6-5-Component-Car-Speakers-/360288156826?pt=Car_Speakers http://cgi.ebay.com/2-PAIRS-MB-QUART-FKA116-FSA216-6-5-SPEAKERS-COMPONENTS-/300443203844?pt=Car_Speakers http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KENWOOD-KFC-P707-6-3-4-6-5-Component-Car-Speakers-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ290457933952QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo Recommend anything that might be a better choice for the money. I am looking for clear, sound quality speakers, not ear piercing highs that can be heard 2 streets down, and something that has pretty good midbass coverage. Also, I only have 4 stock areas for speakers, In Dash (almost Downfiring) and rear deck. (I drive a 92 Corolla) If I would be better off with coaxials anywhere in the vehicle, let me know. Thanks for all the help guys. My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/
memphisbasshead Posted August 24, 2010 Report Posted August 24, 2010 i'd get these http://www.woofersetc.com/p5207/CLS60A--CDT-Audio-Classic-65"-2Way-Component-Speakers.htm cdt has some kick ass comps My Car Audio Setup: Sub: 1 RE Audio HC 15 Dual 2 ohm(soon to get a psi recone) Daily Sub Box: 1.62 cubes net with 2 dayton audio 8 inch passive radiators tuned to 34.35 hz, 141.9 @ 48 hz sealed on the dash with termlab Competition Sub Box: 3.10 cubic ft. net tuned to 50.58 hz with 2 6 inch aeroports, 147.9 @ 62 hz sealed on the dash with termlab Amp: Powerbass ASA 1000.1 Dx(eventually gonna get a planet audio bb2400.1) Big 3: Phoenix Gold 1/0 Gauge Amp Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 gauge Alternator: Stock 90 amp Battery Under the hood: Autocraft Gold Top Battery Battery In Back: None for now but I am looking for one so pm me if you have one for sale HU: Pioneer DEH-2900MP Front/Rear Amp: Hifonics Txi-4408 4 channel amp Front Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6.5 coaxial Rear Deck Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6x9 coaxial Home Audio Setup: Speakers:2 Cerwin Vega D-3's (10" Woofer,5 1/4" mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter) 2 Cerwin Vega D-5's (12" Directed Audio Xtreme 124SX Subwoofer,5 1/4 mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)Kenwood center channel and rears. Amp: 2 Kenwood KM-105's from 1985 Receiver: JVC RX-6008V 5.1 Channel Receiver Pre-Amp: Kenwood KC-993 Sub: still looking for one thinking about getting a 18 or 15 for my sub to hit the lows if anyone has one pm me I do free box designs if anyone is interested
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.