Sonic Electronix

im building a box for my boy he has a 94 s-10 with 3 12s in a sealed box that slams now im going to make him a ported box that should make his truck a bit louder

96 GMC Jimmy

Kenwood KDC-348U

2 SoundStream T4-15's

BOSS Audio Onyx NXD4,500.1 (Subs)

Autotek SS 200.2 (Highs)

8 cube box tuned @ 31Hz

2 Memphis 6.5 2 ways in the front

2 Kicker 6.5 2 ways in the rear

My YouTube Link

My Budget Build Log

My New Build Log

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Well i own a 97 and my buddy owns a 95 i believe but its the same thing... We was not able to get anything more then one 15 in behind the seat 2 15s would not fit as the space was not big enough for a proper box... But he has 2 12" kicker comps running in there and the mother fucker SLAMS!!!!

EDIT also we both have bench style seats... His is pretty much straight up and down to get the box to fit... We also had to remove the seats and build a false floor for the box to sit right... You may not have to.

what if i just run a bigger box with my single cvt? for example the dodge single with the l5 my buddy owns hits hard, but his friend has a single f150 with a box that takes up almost everything but the top 6 inches of his back window and ported, and it hits about twice as loud. same sub, same amp.

im building a box for my boy he has a 94 s-10 with 3 12s in a sealed box that slams now im going to make him a ported box that should make his truck a bit louder

That what my buddy has is a sealed... s10s can get loud as fuck

That what my buddy has is a sealed... s10s can get loud as fuck

yea its funny how some people out here have nice stuff but shit 4 systems and my boy roles up and all they hear is highs so they laugh then he turns the bass up and they just drop there chins to the floor :lol:

96 GMC Jimmy

Kenwood KDC-348U

2 SoundStream T4-15's

Autotek SS 200.2 (Highs)

8 cube box tuned @ 31Hz

My YouTube Link

My Budget Build Log

My New Build Log

techforce_teamdbs.gif

yea its funny how some people out here have nice stuff but shit 4 systems and my boy roles up and all they hear is highs so they laugh then he turns the bass up and they just drop there chins to the floor :lol:

exactly!

This right here is what I'm driving.

96 Isuzu Hombre, same as an S10.

Two ten inch L7s hitting mid 140s

nice about the same as im doing with my boys s-10 but the port will share a common wall with the rest of the box so i can squeeze a lower tuning but port will be same area of the box pluse the box is a little bit bigger for 3 12's but yea we shall see how it turns out :drinks:

96 GMC Jimmy

Kenwood KDC-348U

2 SoundStream T4-15's

Autotek SS 200.2 (Highs)

8 cube box tuned @ 31Hz

My YouTube Link

My Budget Build Log

My New Build Log

techforce_teamdbs.gif

nice about the same as im doing with my boys s-10 but the port will share a common wall with the rest of the box so i can squeeze a lower tuning but port will be same area of the box pluse the box is a little bit bigger for 3 12's but yea we shall see how it turns out :drinks:

That port gave me so much trouble, haha. the port itself was 2.75 inches wide at the top and the opening of the box was only 2" so i had to rig it up and jigsaw most of the baffle down to get it in. used a crap ton of filler and resin to stiffin it up.

there was less than 1/4 of an inch of clearance on the subs so i had to make supports that pushed the baffle out slightly because it was flexing and making horrible noises all while damaging my L7s. ;(

Box was built last night and first used today, haha. only pushing around 800 rms, will be using a buddie's 1500.1 at competitions thankfully.

whats the box tuned to with the way u had to do the port and all

96 GMC Jimmy

Kenwood KDC-348U

2 SoundStream T4-15's

Autotek SS 200.2 (Highs)

8 cube box tuned @ 31Hz

My YouTube Link

My Budget Build Log

My New Build Log

techforce_teamdbs.gif

whats the box tuned to with the way u had to do the port and all

I believe he said in the 40s in the video i may be wrong.