Sonic Electronix

Oppinions and Advice Please

I posted a while back about getting my first setup and i'm still debating on what to do, haven't done anything aside from got some new JL audio 6x9's for my back, and took my 3 1/2's completely out for the time being. Again i'm driving a Oldsmobile Eighty Eight Royale, and i'm going for more of a SQ oriented setup, that also happens to hit the lows really well. I've been all over as far as subs are concerned, first I considered the JL Audio 13w7, but as i've read and been explained to a few times that while it's a quality sub, i'd still be paying way too much just for a single sub, where as I could grab 2 Fi Q15's for cheaper than a single w7. So then I was set on Fi. But now i'm having another thought.

I'm going to be running the subs I get on an AQ2200D, and while i've heard and seen videos of the FiQ's i've been considering the HDC3 15's, either in copper or aluminum (I don't know the advantages of either) since they're from AQ and I just think it'd be nice to have a matching system, just weird like that.

So now my questioning begins. As far as what i'm looking for (The SQ that just so happens to hit the lows really nicely)

I was wondering which subs I mentioned would be the best for my type of setup? Given the box I plan to put in my trunk I have enough room for 2 15's from either company, in a sealed enclosure. (Sealed due to size and the fact that I don't really know enough about tuning a box to port it, and I don't really wanna pony up money to get a box built properly at this time.)

Would the Fi Q's be better? Aside from me wanting a matching amp and woofer combo, if the Fi's are better in my situation then i'd still get them.

If I get the HDC3's which should I get? The copper or aluminum coil? Again i'm gonna be running them off of the AQ2200D amp.

MORE QUESTIONS YAY!

With the amp i'm choosing should I upgrade my alt or no? Extra battery or no? My alt is stock, and my current battery is pretty old. I plan to replace it with a Optima Yellow Top, and I was thinking about getting an XS 14v battery for just the amp. Can I even do that? If so wouldn't it just require running another 1/0 from the alt to the bat in the trunk?

Also just throwing this in, gonna upgrade my big 3 to 1/0 kollossus fleks kable. Also plan on running my sub with 12g and powering my amp with the same as my big three.

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

Lot of questions....few answers

Big 3 in 0/1g, good starter battery(yellow top is ok for that), a XS group 3100 in the trunk with a 0/1g run of wire for positive an negative from front to rear battery should be sufficient electrical for that amp. And you cant mix a 14v battery in a 12v system without modification and more money..... SQ is all personal preference depending on what you actual consider it. The Qs are made for just that and the HDCs are not. They still sound good and get loud and low but aren't going to be the best SQ sub in the market. JL is overpriced for what it is. And they're are a lot better choices for the money and with better SQ. You could do three 12" FI SSDs instead. The SSDs will still have decent SQ and get loud and low. And tune your box. Someone here will gladly make you a full box design with exact cutout measurements and possibly even pictures for just a little money. And do the electrical work first so you don't fry the amp and smoke your cars electrical.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Archived