Second Skin Audio

sub suggestions

hey guys, new here, just joined.

Right now I have 2 12" rockford fosgate punch p2's being pushed by a 1200w amp.

I'm looking to go with something that will hit harder. My friend has one 12" kicker l7 and his is louder than both of mine, yet he has a 800w amp. I'm not sure what's wrong with that. anyways I'm selling what I have to a friend for pretty cheap in hopes of starting fresh.

I need some advice as far as what to look for next. I've been looking at cardiscountstereos.com for a little bit and their prices seem good, is the site legit ?

hey guys, new here, just joined.

Right now I have 2 12" rockford fosgate punch p2's being pushed by a 1200w amp.

I'm looking to go with something that will hit harder. My friend has one 12" kicker l7 and his is louder than both of mine, yet he has a 800w amp. I'm not sure what's wrong with that. anyways I'm selling what I have to a friend for pretty cheap in hopes of starting fresh.

I need some advice as far as what to look for next. I've been looking at cardiscountstereos.com for a little bit and their prices seem good, is the site legit ?

What's ur amp? if its a offbrandish type it might not really be 1200w as in his might be a high end and really be 800, also depends on the box, also urs is 1200rms correct and his is 800rms, if u get them confused then his really could be 600rms, and if hes running at 2 ohms or lower or something he could be pushing way more than 800 watts anyway if its rated at 800 at 4ohms.

I also heard the cvx'es are better than the l7's, same motor just circle, same power to I think, Im also looking at the Hifonic BXi 2006D, 2000rms at 1 ohm witch would match 2 cvx'es perfectly.

Thats just my noob 2 cents.

:D

X2 on DC Audio woofers.

edit: Do you currently have a box? Are you gonna build one or???

What size woofers were you looking for? Someone might suggest a woofer like a 15 or 18 that may be to large for the application.

Edited by solo_x18

Derp.

X2 on DC Audio woofers.

edit: Do you currently have a box? Are you gonna build one or???

What size woofers were you looking for? Someone might suggest a woofer like a 15 or 18 that may be to large for the application.

I have a box, but its the rockford fosgate one like this:

http://www.carstereomall.com/tn.php?quality=90&width_size=300&name=2007/11/pl2-210_1_l.jpg

I may be looking to pay someone to make me a box, IDK.

as for size, I'm not really sure, I'm looking for a good hard hitting bass though

2 12" cvr's on a kenwood 500rms amp would be around that, (kac-8105d) would be around that, theres more amps out there but i know for a fact u can get that all for 300 refurbed off ebay, if i was u i might just try to find a better amp/make sure ur subs are getting the right amount of power first.

thanks, to be honest I believe one of the subs is cracked, it makes a rattling sound occasionally. I'm just looking to start fresh.