Sundown Audio

Pioneer Hi Level Imput Harness

moetpoppin

I've been messing around with my old Pioneer Amp GM-X574. There is an option for a "high level input." There are two locations for wire harnesses for the A channels and B channels. There are certain applications where a high level input would be nice, however I believe the harnesses do not come with the amplifier. When you have used all your RCAs or only have one set of RCAs coming off the headunit, or maybe even using a stock unit, you may find yourself needing a high level output converter to convert your speaker wires into signal wires an amp can use.

On the Pioneer amps, and a few other amps that I have seen, have the same "high level input" harnesses. This harness happens to be the 4 pin ATX harness from typical computer power supply units that connect and provide power to your motherboard in a desktop computer. I ordered a bunch of "4 pin molex to 4 pin ATX converters" from ebay for about $0.99 from China. They arrived in about two weeks and soon I will be able to use yet another amplifier which I may decide to use for wakeboard boat tower speakers.

I will be posting pics in a few minutes to show you what I am talking about. Here is a link however to the ebay listing I ordered from.

Another thing you could do that I wish I would have done is buy a 4 pin ATX extension cable. That way you have a female and male harness so if you decide to hook up speakers to the high level outputs again, you could attach the female harness to the original wires and hook up the current harness to them and be able to switch between the amp and the original outputs very easily.

Posting pictures later tonight of what exactly I am talking about. I love using harnesses to simplify projects. My next project will be adding a 20 pin ATX harness on my boat, car, and work bench so that I can easily connect and disconnect my radio decks and move between the different areas. That way instead of having a vehicle specific harness, I can have a "universal" harness everywhere that I choose to take my deck, and maybe even sell it later on and help with the install.

TY

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log