Battery Isolators

Guest 90accordman

Guest 90accordman

Does anyone use them?

Whats the main function of them?

Would you recommend one for a 3 battery system thats only played with the car on?

Anything you know about Battery isolators would be appreciated, as im trying to get educated on if this is something that should be a part of my first multi battery setup.

I'm Interested to know if Kingsuv or Meades Tahoe, Chicken Excalade or anyoneelse for that matters system uses them and what you gain from the use of them.

Thanks in advance

from what i understand is they are used when someone plays their system with the car off to prevent the system from draining the main battery dead and thus you being unable to start the car, it allows the batterys (extra ones) to recive a charge from the alt. but does not allow the battery in front of the isolator to be drained

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Guest 90accordman

from what i understand is they are used when someone plays their system with the car off to prevent the system from draining the main battery dead and thus you being unable to start the car, it allows the batterys (extra ones) to recive a charge from the alt. but does not allow the battery in front of the isolator to be drained

so in a multi battery system which i only play with the engine running this would be a non essential part of my install?

i realy dont know if you need one but if anything a isolator isnt that expensive to buy new, and it surely wouldnt hurt anything to have

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

yea hopefuly because tommrow im installinga  brand new 250 amps excessive amperage alt and i currently have 5 batterys in the back and one in the engine compartment all running off a current 50 amp alt lol with no problem yet but ill have a large ass 250 amp alt tommrow and will invest in a isolator if i need one as well , would be nice to hear the bottom line from the "pro" aka meade :^

Guest 90accordman

We'll just try to keep this bumped until someone can get a good answer so us all, if i was a mof here i would Sticky it, as everywhere i have looked seems nobody is quite sure and this would be good informative information