Sonic Electronix

would wiring my sub work like this???

okay i have a btl 12. dual 1... im having a hard time finding a amp that does 2k at 2 ohm.. my friend said i can just wire each coil to amp. like one channel one coil.. and it would be 1 ohm.. would that work?? i know ive heard if its a mono it will bridge them internally so it would end up being .5..? what if i get a 2 channel/????? i dont want to recone to a dual 2 because i plan on adding one in the future. thanks

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

okay i have a btl 12. dual 1... im having a hard time finding a amp that does 2k at 2 ohm.. my friend said i can just wire each coil to amp. like one channel one coil.. and it would be 1 ohm.. would that work?? i know ive heard if its a mono it will bridge them internally so it would end up being .5..? what if i get a 2 channel/????? i dont want to recone to a dual 2 because i plan on adding one in the future. thanks

Dude get a big amp thats does taht at 1 ohm like waht your sub is good for.and if you get a 2 channel you will blow the damn thing.look up on 12 volt.com and look up the wiring diagram for wiring it to 1 ohm.what amp do you have anyways?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

You would want two seperate 1000.1 amps and run one to each one ohm coil.

x2

Wonder why you got a dual 1 when you only plan on having 1 sub.. :X

You're only giving the BTL 2k? Starving it lol

Dude get a big amp thats does taht at 1 ohm like waht your sub is good for.and if you get a 2 channel you will blow the damn thing.look up on 12 volt.com and look up the wiring diagram for wiring it to 1 ohm.what amp do you have anyways?

Well its not exactly possible to wire a dual 1 ohm subwoofer to 1 ohm parallel or series, so how do you expect it to be wired to this on a MONOBLOCK amplifier?

Edited by Slawsen

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

its a dual one.. can only wire to 2ohm or .5.. electircal isnt good enough for .5 sooo i thought doing 1 ohm to each channel for each coil would work..? if its a 2k amp then each coil would get 1k which is perfect. would it work?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

x2

Wonder why you got a dual 1 when you only plan on having 1 sub.. :X

You're only giving the BTL 2k? Starving it lol

read the whole first post.. plan on adding another. and i know. just moneys tight and seeing how my good amp (3k) got messed up its a tough decision lol. plus my electircal aint that great

1j1450.png

You would want two seperate 1000.1 amps and run one to each one ohm coil.

dont really want 2 seperate amps.. heard they draw more current then one big amp

1j1450.png

i know it would od that with a mono. but what if its a 2 channel?

1j1450.png