Sonic Electronix

would wiring my sub work like this???

THIS IS A NO NO. you would have to use 2 channel rca's if you wired 1 coil to each channel. Your sub would be trying to play different things at the same time through each channel. therefore your coil = fried.

Either wire it to .5, use 2 amps, or recone! Using 2 amps doesn't exactly 'draw more current'...just less effecient. :good:

edit: if you don't get the each channel playing different shit idea... You know how certain notes go from side to side? Like the bomb ticking at the beginning of B Legit - stickem

Edited by Slawsen

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

THIS IS A NO NO. you would have to use 2 channel rca's if you wired 1 coil to each channel. Your sub would be trying to play different things at the same time through each channel. therefore your coil = fried.

Either wire it to .5, use 2 amps, or recone! Using 2 amps doesn't exactly 'draw more current'...just less effecient. :good:

edit: if you don't get the each channel playing different shit idea... You know how certain notes go from side to side? Like the bomb ticking at the beginning of B Legit - stickem

wtf does tha tmean? how would it fry my coil?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

wtf does tha tmean? how would it fry my coil?

If you're sending different signals to the coils, it will fuck it up obviously. How can I explain this? channel 1 is right and channel 2 is left? Channel 1 = coil 1 and channel 2 = coil 2. So essentially when music plays right to left, you get different notes going to each coil. You can try it but i'm sure it WILL NOT end well. Ask someone who knows more about this because apparently you think I am stupid or something for trying to answer your question. Ever wonder why you associate a subwoofer with the mono and not stereo? 2 channel = stereo

00' Nissan Xterra

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

If you're sending different signals to the coils, it will fuck it up obviously. How can I explain this? channel 1 is right and channel 2 is left? Channel 1 = coil 1 and channel 2 = coil 2. So essentially when music plays right to left, you get different notes going to each coil. You can try it but i'm sure it WILL NOT end well. Ask someone who knows more about this because apparently you think I am stupid or something for trying to answer your question. Ever wonder why you associate a subwoofer with the mono and not stereo? 2 channel = stereo

:orly3:

steven.jpg

wire it to 2 ohms and be safe lol

buy an audiopipe ap3k the btl will take it no problem!

I was going to say this to begin with, but I wasn't sure if you could run it bridged at 2 ohm since it says it bridges to 1 ohm :x

00' Nissan Xterra

yep going with audiopipe 3k.. 319 new and does rated at 2 ohm.. FTW

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png