Sonic Electronix

Yes, Im getting a lil confused on what amp I should use for my mids and highs. I have 4 American Bass SQ-6B mids which are rated at 100watts rms each at 8ohms and I have 4 Pioneer TS-T15 tweeters which are 4-ohms. I only want to use one amp but if i cant, please tell how to wire these up!

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

2- 12" Alpine TypeR DVC2ohm Subs

Custom ported box

4-American Bass 6.5in SQ-6B Mids

4-Pioneer TS-T15 Tweeters

2-Crunch P1500.1 Mono Amps

2-runs 1/0 GA KnuKonceptz

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon:

250 Amp Alt

Custom Door Panels

Second Skin Sound Deadner

All in my 1986 Monte Carlo SS!!!

I'm sure the if you used a crossover it would have impedance matching so you wouldn't have to worry.

What kind of crossover do u suggest?

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

2- 12" Alpine TypeR DVC2ohm Subs

Custom ported box

4-American Bass 6.5in SQ-6B Mids

4-Pioneer TS-T15 Tweeters

2-Crunch P1500.1 Mono Amps

2-runs 1/0 GA KnuKonceptz

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon:

250 Amp Alt

Custom Door Panels

Second Skin Sound Deadner

All in my 1986 Monte Carlo SS!!!

What kind of crossover do u suggest?

Um, any good quality one. I wouldn't know what brands sell separate crossovers, just how they work, and that if they will have impedance matching. have a look around on ebay or something and come back here with what you found I guess :)

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Yeah as person above said ur gona need some kind of matching or ur gona get under/overpowered.

EDIT: Wire two channles like this for the woofers

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=81#results

and wire two chanles like this for ur tweeters

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=42#results

EDIT 2: Ud need a amp with 4 inputs and a low and high pass, easier thing to do here is get a cross over :D

Edited by juanharu4913

Yeah as person above said ur gona need some kind of matching or ur gona get under/overpowered.

EDIT: Wire two channles like this for the woofers

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=81#results

and wire two chanles like this for ur tweeters

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=42#results

Idk if sending the same signal to ur tweets and ur woofers is ok unless they auto have high/low block on them but anyway, if ur looking to use 1 4channle amp for all of it u could do this, ud need 200rms@4ohm per channle witch is kinda big I believe but to ur first question, it is possible.

I'm pretty sure 200RMS would blow any tweeters he hooked up. Plus this way you need more crossovers. Get a decent 2 way crossover and it will do everything for you.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

I'm pretty sure 200RMS would blow any tweeters he hooked up. Plus this way you need more crossovers. Get a decent 2 way crossover and it will do everything for you.

He said his tweeters were 100rms right? then 2 of them hooked up at 200rms=100rms to each, nun the less my way is confusing but works in theory, if ur amp had a million epic features wicht it probaly wont itd work just fine.

Also ull need a cross over for each channle of ur amp if ur only gona use one amp, cheapest way is to find a x with ohm matching and a 2 channle stereo/4 channle bridagble amp and run it from 2 channles instead of 4 (=2 x'es instead of 4)

He said his tweeters were 100rms right? then 2 of them hooked up at 200rms=100rms to each, nun the less my way is confusing but works in theory, if ur amp had a million epic features wicht it probaly wont itd work just fine.

Also ull need a cross over for each channle of ur amp if ur only gona use one amp, cheapest way is to find a x with ohm matching and a 2 channle stereo/4 channle bridagble amp and run it from 2 channles instead of 4 (=2 x'es instead of 4)

He said the speakers are. Not the tweeters. I'm sure they wouldn't be 100RMS, thats quite a bit for a pioneer tweeter.

Infact, a decent 4 channel would be easiest. you just run the tweeters of 2 channels with the active in bult crossover on 1.5khz or so and the 6.5s on full range. Wait, actually that might not sound too good. I still vote for a 2 channel amp and a decent crossover.

The 4 chan option u wouldnt get stereo properly because tweeters would be on left and woofers on right.

But with the stereo ud wire it like the diagrams above I believe except the channles would be ur l high and ur l low and ur r high and ur r low instead of 1/2/3/4 and 2 woofers or 2 tweeters to each. and with ur cross over u have to mind in wat ur tweeters are rated at so its not set up as sending through the full 100watts to it, idk if thats a built in feature or not, but id look at it.

The 4 chan option u wouldnt get stereo properly because tweeters would be on left and woofers on right.

But with the stereo ud wire it like the diagrams above I believe except the channles would be ur l high and ur l low and ur r high and ur r low instead of 1/2/3/4 and 2 woofers or 2 tweeters to each. and with ur cross over u have to mind in wat ur tweeters are rated at so its not set up as sending through the full 100watts to it, idk if thats a built in feature or not, but id look at it.

What the hell? Yes it would. Woofer R on channel 1 (right 1) woofer 2 one channel 2 (left 1) tweeter R on channel 3 (right 2) tweeter L on channel 4 (left 2). I'm pretty sure you will find that that is stereo. The two front and two rear channels will have separate gains, filters etc on almost all 4 channel amps. But as I said, a 2 channel with decent crossovers would be better IMO.