wiriring two alts

ok so i PM'd kyle with DC and i haven't heard from him yet. Not saying he's taking too long or he's not willing to help i just figured maybe i could get some other peoples opinion. just to get some ideas rolling. So i'll just copy and paste my pm to him

Hey i just installed a second factory alt on my pickup and could use some help wiring them up. one is factory on my 95 Chevy 1500 5.7l the other i was told was off a 95 cavalier motor ?. both have same plug on the back. i think the second alt may be bad but im not sure. i've tested the out put on it and it reads as a ground and the same when i stretch my factory plug to it. do i need to rewire a second plug to get it to turn on or should it already be putting out power like my factory one does unplugged? Thanks for any suggestions.

1995 Honda Accord Coupe

still building only thing done is big three and one run of stinger 0 gauge.

Feedback

2r2boxz.png

cum on...bump for it being an honest question... It's the same as if it were a HO alt... Would you splice the plug into the oem harness so both alts are the same or do you only need specific ones for the extra one. I'd think power wire to bat would and which ever one regulates it off the oem harness but i've never done it so SOMEONE with experience should chime in and put in there .02

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

Subs: 2 RF T1 12s 1ohm mono off a RF T1500bdcp 80hz \/ in a 2.3cube 45hz slot port

Mids: 2 O2 8's off a Punch 550.2 behind seat, 2 Image Cxs 6.5's and 2 ID XS 6x9s 80-3khz in doors on a T600.2

Highs: 2 ID CD.1 MH HLCD 8ohm off a RF 400.4 3khz /\

One wire or two wire plugs going into the regulators? I know most chevy pickups in mid 90s used 1 wire setups... The cav I'm unsure of, let me know what the plug looks like on the cav.. I hope you have the plug that came with the alternator to. You can make something workout for ya.

You'll have to rewire the second plug into the factory setup.. Which isn't difficult at all, then run from the positive output posts a run of 0 which is what most do. Then ground the alternators better with another run of 0.

I need to know what the plug looks like on the cavalier so I can find out if it's 1 2 or 4 wire.

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

One wire or two wire plugs going into the regulators? I know most chevy pickups in mid 90s used 1 wire setups... The cav I'm unsure of, let me know what the plug looks like on the cav.. I hope you have the plug that came with the alternator to. You can make something workout for ya.

You'll have to rewire the second plug into the factory setup.. Which isn't difficult at all, then run from the positive output posts a run of 0 which is what most do. Then ground the alternators better with another run of 0.

I need to know what the plug looks like on the cavalier so I can find out if it's 1 2 or 4 wire.

i was hoping that wasn't needed cause the car is long gone ill try to find one tho. my pickups alt has the one wire on in the plug. so ill look it up and try to find it out

1995 Honda Accord Coupe

Feedback

2r2boxz.png

so the alt is a three wire out of the 4 plug. 1 red(larger gauge ~10) 2 smaller brown wires(~18) what i found says red is voltage sense and brown "f" is ignition and brown "L" is indicator lamp wired to ignition as well. so can i loop the red voltage wire to the out put of alt and both browns to ignition source(such as the one on my factory)?

1995 Honda Accord Coupe

Feedback

2r2boxz.png

Archived