Sonic Electronix

About to buy a 2008 Audi A3. Looking for System Advice

Hey everybody. So I'm a car audio noob. I'm about to get myself a nice new car and want to put a system in it. :D

So first of all do you think the A3 will be good for car audio?

Second, what I want is pretty simple:

Replace the factory speakers

Get 2 12's, 1 15, or 1 18. Whatever will fit. Also I'm thinking 1-2k watts for the depending on what the Audi can handle.

Get a touch screen deck. Not one that pops out. One that's just a touch screen. I don't need to play CD's but I need some kind of ipod connection whether it's simple aux or an actual ipod connector.

Budget hmm I'll just go with 5 grand. I'll have to have someone help me or go to a car audio store. I always wondered though can you buy stuff and bring it to a store for installation or do you have to stick with the products they sell?

So any help I can get would be great. :D

well i live in houston so all the car audio stores are either super over priced or just rip you off, so ive found that the only good place to get stuff installed is at frys'

i would order the stuff online and take it to a reliable car audio place, or do it yourself, no better way to learn everything bout your system then installing it yourself, any brands that you are leaning towards?

i personally like rockford, hifonics, quantum, sound solutions audio, dc audio, digital designs, mtx, mempghis

and are you going for sq or spl?

system:

changes way to much...

well i live in houston so all the car audio stores are either super over priced or just rip you off, so ive found that the only good place to get stuff installed is at frys'

i would order the stuff online and take it to a reliable car audio place, or do it yourself, no better way to learn everything bout your system then installing it yourself, any brands that you are leaning towards?

i personally like rockford, hifonics, quantum, sound solutions audio, dc audio, digital designs, mtx, mempghis

and are you going for sq or spl?

I'm going for SPL. As for brands. I only have ones I'm leaning towards for subs. Fi, Lanzar, DC Audio, Digital Designs, Soundstream, or Ascendant Audio. I'm not to picky as this is my first system I don't have anything to compare to. So unless it sounds bad which I doubt any of those brands will, I'll be really happy.

Its a nice car that is for sure. If your looking at a double din, and dont need a cd/dvd slot, and just want the ipod connection, I would looking into a Alpine IXA-w407. That is what I am planning on putting into my car when I can get the funds for one.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

1 18in sub in that thing would pound, anything from a FI BTL, AA Mayhem, DC lvl 4xl or lvl 5 to name a few. if a 18 would not work im sure 2 12's would, same subs mentioned above, with a nice amp.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Oh and I don't care about trunk space so if a sub box has to be huge fine with me. I'm guessing sound deadening is pretty expensive if you can do it on your own. I'm not gonna tear apart my nice car to do it myself. I'd gladly pay a pro though.

Actually Sound Deadner isnt that hard to do and taking panels off on newer cars is generally pretty easy (at least in my ride lol) most new ones are just clipped in so at the most u'd need a panel popper, screwdrivers, and some sockets, if you wanted to go all out and deaden the whole car.

EDIT: look at Second Skin for Sound Deadner, less than dynamat and better IMO

Edited by cubs_fan0718

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Actually Sound Deadner isnt that hard to do and taking panels off on newer cars is generally pretty easy (at least in my ride lol) most new ones are just clipped in so at the most u'd need a panel popper, screwdrivers, and some sockets, if you wanted to go all out and deaden the whole car.

EDIT: look at Second Skin for Sound Deadner, less than dynamat and better IMO

Well that's more reassuring. If I were to pick a Fi BTL can a car do 2k watts on a stock alt? If not maybe I should just do a BL 15 or 18. I wanna do a single sub over two. Oh and for all the custom options you can pick on a Fi sub I have no clue what to pick for that stuff. I feel like I'm annoying I wish I knew more.

Ok so first off, sick car I want pics :P

So from experiance I would not do an 18 in a trunk enless you have a lot of room. A 12 or 15 can get a lot louder than what a 18 could.

If I were you id do a dc lvl 5 15 on a sundown 2k, make the box yourself, wire it your self, do everything. You learn aton and have fun.

For eletrical you would probably fine with a stock alt cuz audi is cool like that :P (I'm running 3k on a 90amp alt and have 1.5 volt drop) I would suggest acouple of xs batts tho!

Hope I'm not forgeting anything, if I do ill post back up. Look all around the forum there is tons to learn!

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic