Second Skin Audio

6 Cubes Net Enough Space?

dwright27

it will be daily and he was wanting sealed but i think if we go with less port area we can get more SQ outta it, this is around 1.5 cubes per woofer its an ext cab toyota x-runner, he listens to rock and liked the way his old cvr sounded in a sealed enclosure, so i figure if we port them all indivually we can cut the port area down and make it sound amazing in there, hes got his mind set on CVX's but the amp is still in the air, he wants eithier the zx2500.1 but i said, the pa a3000db and 4 dual 2 ohm woofers to searies each woofer to 4 and parellel them back down to 1

he wants sq so ported at 37 hz or sealed? and bigger on air space or smaller, he had originlly figured10 cubes gross and like 8.5 - 9.0 cubes net, but that would be WAYYYY to big for sq,

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

sorry guys this shoulda been in subwoofers/enclosures section can a mod please move this for me?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I've got 4 CVX 10's in my explorer. I used the large ported box specs that Kicker specifies in the manual. I don't remember exactly what I ended up with, but I used 2 subs per chamber with around 4-4.2 cubs per chamber. I would have to measure again to tell you for sure what I have for air space. I've also got a 2500.1 on them too running at 2 ohm. Subs and amp work very well together. SQ IMO is not as good as the L7's though. I went from 2 L7 15's to the 4 CVX 10's I have now. SPL is close to the same, but the box is quite a bit smaller now though. Not sure if any of that helped or if it was a waste of space, but I would try for something ported. Maybe put them all in the same chamber and a common port area to save on box size. Only way to know if it will sound good is to try it!

Eric

Archived