Second Skin Audio

How to go about an enclosure for sedan back middle seat

I can't find any pictures on the internet, guess I can't think of the right keywords. I kind of have an idea of how I will attempt it but I think if I can actually see some examples and hopefully an actual build it would help out tremendously. It's a 2004 Ford Focus and it will take up the middle seat in the back bench. I'm thinking 2 10"s or one 10" and two 8"s? I am going for sealed and most likely polyfill. I might even put in a pair of monitors. I uploaded a photobucket picture with my rough outline. This is my first time posting because it is a last resort. Any info, ideas, links?

Photobucket link -

http://s916.photobuc...xs_backseat.jpg

Google it

I like your idea, an I think it would be awesome if you could take out that back seat middle? If it comes out, an make a fiberglass box but you could just kinda make it a console for the back seats an fill up the seat area that you could take out. It wouldn't be hard, you just gotta be good with fiberglass

What I'm thinking so far is cut the fabric a straight line down the middle from the top to the bottom, just the fabric, not the thick rubber at both ends that wrap around the seats. Take out all the foam and springs just in the middle until I get to the metal backing. Then put 2 pieces of MDF down so it can be screwed in the the metal backing. This way It can be taken out if necessary. I made a picture showing my most current design. The screws will have to be drilled from the the woofer holes. I want the existing fabric to somehow look unaffected with this middle console in there I need the 2 side seats to be usable.

Has anyone seen how this is done? Any ideas, hints because I have seen it at car shows but i can't find ANY pics to go by.

http://s916.photobucket.com/albums/ad5/cz3chmonkey/?action=view&current=0711ToyotaCamryRear4060Benchimage.jpg

Google it

Found a pic finally I need to do this http://s916.photobuc...rsinmiddele.jpg

but keep the original fabric looking stock, had anyone ever done this?

I'm going to be using a Rockford T500.1 just wondering what the best configuration would be, two ten's at 1 ohm would be easy for me to wire but I don't know if one ten and two eights would somehow work at 1 ohm. Is there anyway to make those 3 speakers run at one ohm?

The amp puts out 770 RMS at 1 ohm so I'm thinking 500 RMS to work with.

Edited by monkeyleg

Google it

be careful what you cut away. take out too much and the seats will sag on one ens, so each passenger will be falling toward the box.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I'm going to be using a Rockford T500.1 just wondering what the best configuration would be, two ten's at 1 ohm would be easy for me to wire but I don't know if one ten and two eights would somehow work at 1 ohm. Is there anyway to make those 3 speakers run at one ohm?

The amp puts out 770 RMS at 1 ohm so I'm thinking 500 RMS to work with.

:No:

do not mix sub sizes.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

17 T.Vs over 35 speakers. This is nothing.

Okay I'm going to stick with 2 subs. What would sound better in a Ford Focus cabin like that, two 8" or 2 10" with only 500RMS? I already got a 15" Fi Q in the trunk.

so then these will be for midbass? 8"s.

if they will be subs, 10"s. but then your mixing sub sizes again.

so then these will be for midbass? 8"s.

if they will be subs, 10"s. but then your mixing sub sizes again.

Can I really tell a difference in the sound, I mean what difference does it make when you add 8"s? There will be over a dozen 6.5"s. Will the 8"s be heard. Mid-bass is between 50hz-250hz right? 6.5"s can play that, just not as loud?

Google it