Sonic Electronix

do i have to get a aftermarket head unit to run a 4 channel??

alright i have a stock head unit (02 sebring factory lol) and i wired in the adapter thing for 2 sub output rca's and its fine but i want to get a 4 channel in the future.. how would i go about doing this? is there another harness/adapter they sell with 4 rca outputs for a 4 channel? or do i have to have a aftermarket hu to get a 4 channel? i like the factory look.. (less chance of getting jacked..) and only want to get a after market one if i really have too..

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

i dont understand why not get a nice head unit before the 4ch amp with usb and nice setting and get rid of the converter box and run your rca;s like there suppose to be. ill guarantee you it will sound way better and you would have to worry about how your gonna run that 4ch off the converter box

bullet: ya that would work but i just think he will be losing sound quality

Edited by loudREcivic

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

They make plenty of things for this and a 3sixty would work great. But one thing with factory radios they start cutting bass at half volume to protect factory speakers. One way "kind of around this" set your amp gains at half volume since that is the "fullest" signal your radio will give.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

i dont understand why not get a nice head unit before the 4ch amp with usb and nice setting and get rid of the converter box and run your rca;s like there suppose to be. ill guarantee you it will sound way better and you would have to worry about how your gonna run that 4ch off the converter box

bullet: ya that would work but i just think he will be losing sound quality

its ghetto around my area and i like having the factory hu.. i alrady have my sq car and thats the benz lol i only have a hu in there because i know no one around here would even think about breaking into a mercades lol but my car has a alarm but still. and i dont really care to much about sq.. i want want to be able to hear the words lol they are getting muffled out right now haha

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

They make plenty of things for this and a 3sixty would work great. But one thing with factory radios they start cutting bass at half volume to protect factory speakers. One way "kind of around this" set your amp gains at half volume since that is the "fullest" signal your radio will give.

really? because my sub is working fine lol but with a 4 channel it would do that?

1j1450.png

if this is to much trouble i guess i will have to get a new hu.. any other opinions.?

1j1450.png

I suggest the 3sixty, best option for your goals.

how much do those go for? if its really expensive id rather risk it and get a new hu lol i have 20% tint right now. guess i can do 10% but still .

1j1450.png

Tint alone draws attention. The radio will just be there after they're already curious. The subs might sound fine but I'm guessing your gains aren't set with a o-scope so you're probably clipping a little bit anyways and using bass boost on the amp so chance are you won't notice it. You could always install a aftermarket HU hidden under the dash or where ever is convienent for you and keep the factor radio in place. Not my idea setup but a little bit of a deterrent

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff