Second Skin Audio

more info on lowering tuning on box?

hey my boxs lows response just isnt cutting it.. its 18.75deep 14.5in tall and 32in wide. port is 25in long and 3 in wide. how would i lwoer tuning? i really want to hit lows. like 28-32hz wise.. thought when you do a kerf port you add the length of kerf too but guess not its only 25in long not 35in.. how would i lower? i heard of port plugs or something like that.. what are those? i would really prefer something that isnt to hard to do

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

cant extend port :( how would i "lower port area"? sorry im a box noob :(

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

is there anything easier i can do then whats stated above lol i dont have a piece of mdf that big and dont want to buy a whole 4x8 of mdf

1j1450.png

like i told you, get a piece of mdf thats 13" tall and 18 deep 3/4 thick and stick it inside the port will lessen port area and lower tunning

Seems like the most realistice idea, aside from making a smaller port that would fit securely inside the current port. Which would take much more work.

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh lol theres nothing else other then whats stated above?

1j1450.png

Build a new box...thats about it

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

fucccck :(

1j1450.png

dude home depot should have 2x4 sheets of mdf for like $9

Edited by memphisbasshead

My Car Audio Setup:

Sub: 1 RE Audio HC 15 Dual 2 ohm(soon to get a psi recone)

Daily Sub Box: 1.62 cubes net with 2 dayton audio 8 inch passive radiators tuned to 34.35 hz, 141.9 @ 48 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Competition Sub Box: 3.10 cubic ft. net tuned to 50.58 hz with 2 6 inch aeroports, 147.9 @ 62 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Amp: Powerbass ASA 1000.1 Dx(eventually gonna get a planet audio bb2400.1)

Big 3: Phoenix Gold 1/0 Gauge

Amp Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 gauge

Alternator: Stock 90 amp

Battery Under the hood: Autocraft Gold Top Battery

Battery In Back: None for now but I am looking for one so pm me if you have one for sale

HU: Pioneer DEH-2900MP

Front/Rear Amp: Hifonics Txi-4408 4 channel amp

Front Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6.5 coaxial

Rear Deck Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6x9 coaxial

Home Audio Setup:

Speakers:2 Cerwin Vega D-3's (10" Woofer,5 1/4" mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)

2 Cerwin Vega D-5's (12" Directed Audio Xtreme 124SX Subwoofer,5 1/4 mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)Kenwood center channel and rears.

Amp: 2 Kenwood KM-105's from 1985

Receiver: JVC RX-6008V 5.1 Channel Receiver

Pre-Amp: Kenwood KC-993

Sub: still looking for one thinking about getting a 18 or 15 for my sub to hit the lows if anyone has one pm me

I do free box designs if anyone is interested