Second Skin Audio

First post on SMD

Alright SMD, I'm new here, but I've been somewhat in car audio for a while, as of right now I downsized from what I had to 1 Alpine type R 12" in a 2000 ford explorer. People told me that those were some of the best that i could get, but..looking around here i've realized how much they get put down here, and now I'm really considering getting an 18" sub and building my own box to put in the back of my truck. Just want some input on what what brand sub i should get, my budget is going to be about $400 most likely. I'll need an amp too.. just post and let me know, been looking at Fi, DD, Dc, and AA, honestly can't decide, and don't know what i should get. Thanks in advance

ALSO: I COULD USE SOMEBODY TO DESIGN A BOX FOR A SINGLE 18" SUB, PORTED. THANKS

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

1 dc lvl 3 18 and 1 aq1200. i cant design a box for ya but other ppl will and they'll need some dimensions

2004 Grand Prix

HU: Alpine 9886 :( for sale

Sub Amp:AQ2200d (possbly 2)

Enclosure:BCP Designs. Best for the Money

Electrical:1 Stinger SPV70 battery

Subs:2 15 D2 AQ HDC coppers

Wiring:0gauge power SoundQuest

Wiring:0gauge ground Kicker

141.8 @ 28hz tl legal on the dash.

142.6 @ 33hz tl legal on the dash.

DC doesnt make a lvl 3 18, just looked on their site.

Edited by iKidwell

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

Build in Progress

Thanks man, I was looking at that one and it seemed right, you know how much those run for?

gotta talk to rusty or Rob on here or email them

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

the aq is about 250$. You could also run a aq hdc3 18 too. that'll put you about 550. http://www.audioque.com/aq/?page_id=72

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

really looking to do an 18" sub playa

Build in Progress

well kranny, i was looking around, and was wondering what people thought of the fi ssd 18, because as of right now, with it being probably $250 shipped, and i can get a 1200w brutus from my step brother pretty cheap i was thinking of it, but i'm new to the smaller brand subs, so still needing some opinions.

Build in Progress

FI are a good solid brand never heard anything bad about them im a DD fan myself but that brutus amp would be where i would start from find a sub you can power well with that amp and go from their. spend a little more one the amp cause even a cheaper sub will still hit good if powered well

Build in progress

Alpine CDEHD-138BT

Alpine SPX-17PRO 2x

Alpine SWS-15d2 2x

Alpine PDX-V9 2x

Alpine PDX-M12

Stinger SPC5050

Stinger 1/0ga and 4ga

Audioquest interconnects and Speaker wire

Dynomat 10455 mega bulk pak

Dynomat 1/8 and 1/4 liner

All that in a Reg cab truck and it wont be a blow though