Big Three Questions

Probably ordering everything for it today. Just wanting some last moment things to know for sure. I'm running a AQ2200d (200a max draw). What size fuse do I want from alternator to battery? My alternator (stock) is rated at 140amps and the factory megafuse I "could" use is 175a. So do I want to use a aftermarket fuse and if so what amp rating or is the factory megafuse fine? And then the last question. So far my car and brothers truck had the engine to ground go through the - battery terminal piggy backing the battery - to ground. Is it better to have the engine block straight to its own ground or to have it go through the battery - to the ground (as in do I need the engine block to go to the battery -? Think that makes sense :ehh: I am replacing all the factory wires and taking them out so no factory battery wiring will be there. So... anyone?

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

its recommended you fuse the wire going from alt to batt, as for how large of a fuse? whatever the wire is rated for, like 250a or 300a or whatever. then engine block to batt - then frame (or strut tower for a unibody car that doesnt have a frame) to batt -. by the way dont take out factory wires since electricity takes the path of least resistance.

Alright. Good on fuse rating now. So it's fine to do engine block to battery - and just the battery - to frame? And your saying I want to leave stock wiring so I would have the 0/1g I'm adding and the factory 8g also to everything?

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Alright. Good on fuse rating now. So it's fine to do engine block to battery - and just the battery - to frame? And your saying I want to leave stock wiring so I would have the 0/1g I'm adding and the factory 8g also to everything?

exactamundo on everything

ok. is it a bad thing to take the stock wiring out? On my brothers truck we did the following. Took out the factory (10 maybe 12g) wiring. And did alternator to battery. Engine to frame. And then battery to frame. Should we change that on his?

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

yeah dont take out the factory wiring.. i heard that can cause probs to some peoples cars.

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png