Sonic Electronix

Amp keeps blowing fuses?

Okay so my component amp is a Soundstream PCX2.350

It came with (2) 20amp fuses on it, but they blew on me ..

So i replaced them, after 15 minutes of playing, they blew again ..

So then i replaced it with (2) 30amp fuses, and those blew too ..

What could be the problem? The amp works fine, but its obviously got something wrong with it, if its blowing fuses ..

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

So you replaced the original amp rating fuses with something bigger? Thats just asking to fry something... <_<

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(4) Selenium ST200 (Highs)

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Sundown Sub/Mid/High Amps

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

you might have some wires touching or something is causing it to ground out would be my guess.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

What could be the problem? The amp works fine, but its obviously got something wrong with it, if its blowing fuses ..

I'd be careful about putting the next size up fuse in if it keeps blowing, because the fuse is suppose to blow when it gets too much power so you don't damage the amp. Aside from that I can't really give much help on this one.

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

So you replaced the original amp rating fuses with something bigger? Thats just asking to fry something... <_<

Actually i replaced it with the same rated fuses, as I stated i replaced them with same rated fuses at first and they blew after about 15min of playing

you might have some wires touching or something is causing it to ground out would be my guess.

I checked, On this amp when the power wire or ground wire is connected wrong, the fuses blow instantly ..

These fuses are slowly burning out for some reason ..

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

I'd be careful about putting the next size up fuse in if it keeps blowing, because the fuse is suppose to blow when it gets too much power so you don't damage the amp. Aside from that I can't really give much help on this one.

Could it be because im running it off a capacitor? (Yea i know, you all hate them lol)

And the capacitor might be feeding it to much power?

Its a small 350 watt amp, and its a 1 farad capacitor, so?

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

Could it be because im running it off a capacitor? (Yea i know, you all hate them lol)

And the capacitor might be feeding it to much power?

Its a small 350 watt amp, and its a 1 farad capacitor, so?

I couldn't say much on this one other than as far as I understand, if you do use a cap, it's 1farad per kilowatt. But if it's a question in your mind, unhook the cap and go straight to the amp and see if it don't stop the problem. At 350 watts your lights shouldn't dim much if at all. Any electrical upgrades?

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

capacitor might be the problem. but i would suggest checking all your electrical and make sure everything is nice and tight and not touching anything it's not suppose to.

39118_1509236767337_1126873577_31470344_6306040_n.jpg

2 12" memphis mojo mojo12d4

hifonics brutus bxi 2610D

1/0 power wire

4 gauge speaker wire

ddm tuning 8000k 35w hids

C&D technologies battery (100 ah)

custom box tuned to around 45hz(designed buy fritosaregood)

2010 kia forte koup

Anywho, replacing it with a higher amp rated fuse can damage the internals, dont do that. Might be a loose connection grounding and blowing the fuse. Trace your connections to your ground to make sure there's no wire insulation that has rubbed off.

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(4) Selenium ST200 (Highs)

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Sundown Sub/Mid/High Amps

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

I couldn't say much on this one other than as far as I understand, if you do use a cap, it's 1farad per kilowatt. But if it's a question in your mind, unhook the cap and go straight to the amp and see if it don't stop the problem. At 350 watts your lights shouldn't dim much if at all. Any electrical upgrades?

My lights dont dim with 350 watts, but they Dim with 1550 watts lol

Im running 2 amps off my Capacitor, so that they dont dim ..

But i am running stock electrical, but could that cause the fuses to blow?

Why wouldnt my other amp have the same problem?

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

Archived