Sundown Audio

POWER ACOUSTIK BAMF SERIES BAMF2000/1D

josemolina2008

Would the POWER ACOUSTIK BAMF SERIES BAMF2000/1D be good to power three JL audio W3's in a sealed box or is it too much? The woofers say they are 300w RMS and the guy at the shop that I bought them at says they will handle up to 500 but 300 is recommended. He also said that once they were in they would be wired at 1.5 ohms and the amp does 1200 rms at 1 ohm. Thanks in advance for any help.

2 12" JL Audio W3's, Sealed box, Quantum Audio QB1500d

I'd stay away from Power Acoustik in general. I don't have any experience with them but from what i've heard they're sub par. Id suggest something like AQ2200d or a Hifonics HFi 2000d. but thats just my .02

edit: spelling

Edited by RedJay

2007 Black Tahoe

AudioQue HDC3 15"

AQ 1200d

sorry i didnt fully read your post. You'll only push about 300-400 watts per sub. I'd go with an AQ1200d. It's what i run and i like it. Each sub would be seeing around 400 watts, if you would want less you could turn your gains down just a bit.

2007 Black Tahoe

AudioQue HDC3 15"

AQ 1200d

sorry i didnt fully read your post. You'll only push about 300-400 watts per sub. I'd go with an AQ1200d. It's what i run and i like it. Each sub would be seeing around 400 watts, if you would want less you could turn your gains down just a bit.

haha 1200? if lightning strikes. that thing can output like 700rms at whatever the lowest ohm load its safe at.

i have an pa bamf2000/1 and I've had no issues with it. Its an OK amp for what i paid for it. But its nothing compared to an aq1200 or something like that. I have nothing to say bad about power acoustik amps except they dont put out rated power. the bamf series seems to be about the best ones they have done so far thou. good luck on your choice!

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com