Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer wiring question

z_ro

So Again its kind of a dumb question but I just cant wrap my head around it. (other pressing things going on in my head :trippy: so i figured id ask the experts for help. :P )

Now i have two 4 ohm SA12's i want to wire to a 2 ohm load.

I'm hooking them up to a Sundown SAE1200d. I feel like 1 ohm daily is too much for these things as a daily setup.

Would i be able to wire them individually to two ohms and hook them up at the amp to each seperate

terminal(- + - +)and still see a two ohm load? I realize it is a mono amp and the wires would be going to the same source.

I've tried looking up wiring schematics and if i wanted to wire the subs together i know where to go. As far as the info I'M looking for i can't seem to get an answer. :(

Again please excuse my ignorance. I have been going through some personal problems at home so I'm not thinking straight lately I would prefer not to get flamed for it lol.

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

...you think 1200rms is too much for 1200rms worth of woofer?...ohhhkay.

wiring each woofer to each set of outputs (using all 4 terminals) will result in a 1 ohm load. the amp, and pretty much every monoblock ever made, will parallel itself internally.

you cant wire 2 dvc 4 ohm woofers to 2 ohm. only 1 and 4.

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

wire like that, end.

So Again its kind of a dumb question but I just cant wrap my head around it. (other pressing things going on in my head :trippy: so i figured id ask the experts for help. :P )

Now i have two 4 ohm SA12's i want to wire to a 2 ohm load.

I'm hooking them up to a Sundown SAE1200d. I feel like 1 ohm daily is too much for these things as a daily setup.

Would i be able to wire them individually to two ohms and hook them up at the amp to each seperate

terminal(- + - +)and still see a two ohm load? I realize it is a mono amp and the wires would be going to the same source.

I've tried looking up wiring schematics and if i wanted to wire the subs together i know where to go. As far as the info I'M looking for i can't seem to get an answer. :(

Again please excuse my ignorance. I have been going through some personal problems at home so I'm not thinking straight lately I would prefer not to get flamed for it lol.

hook them up to 1 ohm that sub and amp combo is perfect, and you cannot have a 2 ohm load with 2 4 ohm DVC's

those are the answers i was expecting.

Thanks again.

Sorry again for wasting yalls time. Shit at home got pretty deep over the past few months and i haven't been feeling my normal self. I was never any good at wiring the subs to begin with. I always looked up the diagrams and stuff.

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

Archived