Crescendo CCX6.5" Speakers?

SDMorris

I almost just submitted my order for two sets of CCX6.5 crescendo components, but before I do I wanted to check and get some opinions on these. Do you think they can handle a DC Audio 125.4 amp? I've been having a lot of trouble lately blowing out bestbuy infinities and rockfords and just want some good loud, and clear speakers.

DC AUDIO

06' Lancer

You fuckered the DC in your Avy....

Also, be sure you're not just clipping the fuck out of the mids/highs.

That'll smoke just about anything...

What do you mean? lol.

I know I wasnt clipping, I just think I was too gain happy with it. I'll probably have Rusty set my gains this time

DC AUDIO

06' Lancer

What do you mean? lol.

I know I wasnt clipping, I just think I was too gain happy with it. I'll probably have Rusty set my gains this time

I know I wasnt clipping
I just think I was too gain happy with it
I know I wasnt clipping
I just think I was too gain happy with it

So you clipped them.

So you clipped them.

Okay, point proven. Sorry its late. The first set of speakers I had were rockfords and blew because they were on deck power... tweeters went out.

Second set was Infinity Kappa 6x8s, and so was the third set. The original set of Infinities I kept the gain no more then midway on the amp and they blew in like 3 weeks. Third set, I turned the gain up a little more, and they sounded way cleaner and nicer for two days, then suddenly the tweeters shut off mid song like they did the first time.

DC AUDIO

06' Lancer

Okay, point proven. Sorry its late. The first set of speakers I had were rockfords and blew because they were on deck power... tweeters went out.

Second set was Infinity Kappa 6x8s, and so was the third set. The original set of Infinities I kept the gain no more then midway on the amp and they blew in like 3 weeks. Third set, I turned the gain up a little more, and they sounded way cleaner and nicer for two days, then suddenly the tweeters shut off mid song like they did the first time.

Probably exceeding the power handling on them.

The same reason my JVC 50watters are dying on 300w to the pair.

Probably exceeding the power handling on them.

The same reason my JVC 50watters are dying on 300w to the pair.

Yeah, I think my problem was cheap speakers. The Kappas are 2ohm speakers and that amp is rated at 125w x 4 channels at 4ohms. Although they were rated at 100w RMS and I still didnt have the amp anywhere near cranked? I dunno, I'm just trying to get some good quality speakers and was wondering if the Crescendos would do me better.

DC AUDIO

06' Lancer

I just got my first of four sets of Crescendos, and I'm very impressed. Just ordered my second set yesterday, good construction, punchy midbass crisp highs and they look awesome. Right now I have them bridged on a Kicker 350.4 and the gain is at a little passed half and they are singing. Can easily handle 90 hz and up at high volume. I like a lot. I've had Beymas, RE Audio re6.5c, and Jbl p650c, they are far better.

Archived