Tool Tips For A New Technician

dyeagain15

Oh half in breaker bar i got too, the socket set i have has 3/8 extensions, i need a long one though. Whats a power probe?

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(4) Selenium ST200 (Highs)

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Sundown Sub/Mid/High Amps

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

A large and small ball peen hammers

Hex xockets 6mm 7mm 8mm 10mm 14mm and 3/8,

a set of torx sockets

a set of torx screwdrivers Tamper Proof

a good air ratchet 1/4 and 3/8, I've had my snapon far72b(c now) and far25a for at least 10 years without a rebuild

a 3/8 impact gun

Test light/Logic probe-power probe

A set of trim sticks.

a DMM

Theres a lot more, depending on what your duties are going to be. Trans work, brake work, suspension, tune ups, tires, a/c, electrical

Don't go overboard at the tool truck, is the best advice I can give. Buy the stuff you are going to abuse daily from a tool truck, get the rest from craftsman, home depot or harbor freight. Most tool trucks if they carry the credit want you paid off in 4-5 weeks or less, if you pay on time all the time, some will let you carry longer.

A large and small ball peen hammers

Hex xockets 6mm 7mm 8mm 10mm 14mm and 3/8,

a set of torx sockets

a set of torx screwdrivers Tamper Proof

a good air ratchet 1/4 and 3/8, I've had my snapon far72b(c now) and far25a for at least 10 years without a rebuild

a 3/8 impact gun

Test light/Logic probe-power probe

A set of trim sticks.

a DMM

Theres a lot more, depending on what your duties are going to be. Trans work, brake work, suspension, tune ups, tires, a/c, electrical

Don't go overboard at the tool truck, is the best advice I can give. Buy the stuff you are going to abuse daily from a tool truck, get the rest from craftsman, home depot or harbor freight. Most tool trucks if they carry the credit want you paid off in 4-5 weeks or less, if you pay on time all the time, some will let you carry longer.

Good call on the torx screwdrivers/ sockets, and those trim sticks, that will go on my list. I'd like to go with a fluke for the DMM. I know I'll pay out the ass for that but it will be worth it.

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

The snap-on electric impacts are the shit. my gpa is a snap on dealer :) also im assuming that youll have a jack or lift at work but the snap-on 2.5 ton jack is fucking beast we use it all of the time also hint for the tool truck idk if a lot of snap on dealers do it but since they operate as independent businesses some will work something out barter wise like for tires or something useful to them (or their grand kids :P)

also if your gonna be doin collison repair or body work maybe a orbital sander or an attachment to make those tough sanding or buffing jobs easier.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

The snap-on electric impacts are the shit. my gpa is a snap on dealer :) also im assuming that youll have a jack or lift at work but the snap-on 2.5 ton jack is fucking beast we use it all of the time also hint for the tool truck idk if a lot of snap on dealers do it but since they operate as independent businesses some will work something out barter wise like for tires or something useful to them (or their grand kids :P)

also if your gonna be doin collison repair or body work maybe a orbital sander or an attachment to make those tough sanding or buffing jobs easier.

yea they have all the lifts and jacks we need, its really nice cause if a lift goes down they call over the regional office and send someone out to get them repaired ASAP. Im still hourly so I cant be spending really anything over $150 until I go on flag time. But I'll keep an eye on that electric impact

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

Archived