Sonic Electronix

You don't need that much port area when using aeros...You will be fine with 8-10" of port area per cube with true aeros.

I don't think they'll be true aero's considering i'm just gonna grab a 12 foot section of 6" PVC pipe, and cut three lengths. Is too much port area a problem dealing with Aeros?

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

You don't need that much port area when using aeros...You will be fine with 8-10" of port area per cube with true aeros.

hes using pvc. 15sq in or port per cube will be just fine.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I don't think they'll be true aero's considering i'm just gonna grab a 12 foot section of 6" PVC pipe, and cut three lengths. Is too much port area a problem dealing with Aeros?

Why not just calculate for flared aeros. If they still need to be longer that the 17" or whatever they come in, you can always put the flares on the ends of pvc pipe and boom, longer aero. It will free up some room in the box for you.

Why not just calculate for flared aeros. If they still need to be longer that the 17" or whatever they come in, you can always put the flares on the ends of pvc pipe and boom, longer aero. It will free up some room in the box for you.

Space isn't really the issue, the issue was getting it to the right tuning, with sufficient port area. I'm shooting for 5.5 cubes after all displacement. And I hate to say it, but once I get this all in and banging, I doubt i'll be doing too much extra work. With me being as new to CA as I am I doubt i'll notice a difference between a flared port and just straight PVC. But back to a previous question, Would it sound right if I run the three aforementioned aero's through my back seat into the cabin? With 15 or so inches of protruding port I doubt i'll have issue getting them all the way through the seat.

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Space isn't really the issue, the issue was getting it to the right tuning, with sufficient port area. I'm shooting for 5.5 cubes after all displacement. And I hate to say it, but once I get this all in and banging, I doubt i'll be doing too much extra work. With me being as new to CA as I am I doubt i'll notice a difference between a flared port and just straight PVC. But back to a previous question, Would it sound right if I run the three aforementioned aero's through my back seat into the cabin? With 15 or so inches of protruding port I doubt i'll have issue getting them all the way through the seat.

It's hard to say for sure since every car is different, try it and find out. Some people have done it with success I believe, I don't have any experience with it though. Or much experience with trunk cars at all for that matter lol.

What about running them through the rear deck? That would be better than cutting hole in your seats. Also, what thickness wood are you using?

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

What about running them through the rear deck? That would be better than cutting hole in your seats. Also, what thickness wood are you using?

I'll be using 3/4 all around, but double up for the baffle. And I can't go up through the rear deck without having to put elbows somewhere and I don't really know how to put those in the equation.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Make sure you put some pretty good bracing in it, you'll need it with the lvl 5.

If you put elbows in then you just measure the length down the center of the port. The great thing is that if you run the ports through the seat or rear deck then most of the port isn't in the box which means that it should be easier to get the right tuning and have sufficient port area.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Make sure you put some pretty good bracing in it, you'll need it with the lvl 5.

If you put elbows in then you just measure the length down the center of the port. The great thing is that if you run the ports through the seat or rear deck then most of the port isn't in the box which means that it should be easier to get the right tuning and have sufficient port area.

Yup yup, that's the idea. I'mma use a whole 12' 2x3 in any way I can. Wanna see how it's all gonna work out with the port and woofer placement.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!