Sonic Electronix

Meant rms max, sorry for the confusion.

nvm it says it on the pic LOL didn't see the words below LOL thanks again!

Edited by manofthehour

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

RMS, never use max.

yep got it. Anyone know where to get a 50-60 hz tone unless i can use 45Hz @ -4.6dBs...

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

Okay so today I hooked up the dmm and followed the instructions... when I plugged the subs back in and play sum music the bass is about 100% quieter. So I check it again... yet again quiet as hell. So I just put it back to what it was and left it like that. I don't understand what's going on but my system sounds fine on 170mV and the amp isn't powerful enough to overpower the subs, but the amp does get hot, but I'm blaming it on the fact it's 100 degrees outside and I ride with the windows down. O well. :pardon:

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

Okay so today I hooked up the dmm and followed the instructions... when I plugged the subs back in and play sum music the bass is about 100% quieter. So I check it again... yet again quiet as hell. So I just put it back to what it was and left it like that. I don't understand what's going on but my system sounds fine on 170mV and the amp isn't powerful enough to overpower the subs, but the amp does get hot, but I'm blaming it on the fact it's 100 degrees outside and I ride with the windows down. O well. :pardon:

how high is your volume? what out of what? and some headunits have a subwoofer level control. if you do (usually goes up to 10 or 15), turn that up all the way (NOT BASSBOOST). retune gains. having to turn the gains up that high tells me that the headunit isnt turned up very much or the subwoofer level isnt up at all.

edit: oh and when you tuned it to the rated power of the amp (with the dmm) and it wasnt "loud", thats probably cause the amp is too small and you are doing a "noob" mistake by turning up the gain more. 2 different things that can be going on, either the 1st part or 2nd part

Edited by Kranny

how high is your volume? what out of what? and some headunits have a subwoofer level control. if you do (usually goes up to 10 or 15), turn that up all the way (NOT BASSBOOST). retune gains. having to turn the gains up that high tells me that the headunit isnt turned up very much or the subwoofer level isnt up at all.

edit: oh and when you tuned it to the rated power of the amp (with the dmm) and it wasnt "loud", thats probably cause the amp is too small and you are doing a "noob" mistake by turning up the gain more. 2 different things that can be going on, either the 1st part or 2nd part

lol Cadence doesn't play around there is no way that amp is too small lol. And yea my HU has a sub control its at 15 (the max) and the HU volume is at -25dB (75% all the way up). Everything I did was what the instructions told me... I just didn't like the results. its 1000 watts RMS and I've been playing it with no subwoofer problems... So idk

edit: the only thing I could do instead of turning up the gains is turning up the bass EQ on the HU, but I'm gonna guess that's not a good idea lol

I also have a loudness setting...

Edited by manofthehour

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

what did you set the voltage at?

? You mean the gain voltage (170mV now) and tuned it was ~3V? maybe but it sounded quiet...

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

lol Cadence doesn't play around there is no way that amp is too small lol. And yea my HU has a sub control its at 15 (the max) and the HU volume is at -25dB (75% all the way up). Everything I did was what the instructions told me... I just didn't like the results. its 1000 watts RMS and I've been playing it with no subwoofer problems... So idk

I dont know if im right ( dont yell at me, im new to car audio to) But you said on your HU its -25DB, turn that to 0.

I dont know if im right ( dont yell at me, im new to car audio to) But you said on your HU its -25DB, turn that to 0.

LOL i won't yell at you since you don't have this HU my HU goes from infinity being 0 (no sound) then it's like -120dBs or something then goes to 0 dB (the max) and at 0 dB the highs are way too distorted and I'm not going to turn my HU to the max since the good listening level is from -30dB to -20dB.

Edited by manofthehour

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400