Second Skin Audio

Shiny finish on mdf box?

okay so i want to get that glossy black mirror finish on my sub box.. BUT its expensive and alot of work and prep to get it that way..

soo i was wondering if there are alternatives? i heard you can use kitchen laminate or something? whats that stuff? is it expensive? hard to use? where to find? basically this is asking about "laminating" your sub box? please someone go into detail.. thanks..

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

okay so i want to get that glossy black mirror finish on my sub box.. BUT its expensive and alot of work and prep to get it that way..

soo i was wondering if there are alternatives? i heard you can use kitchen laminate or something? whats that stuff? is it expensive? hard to use? where to find? basically this is asking about "laminating" your sub box? please someone go into detail.. thanks..

I'd be interested in finding this stuff out too. Wouldn't making a shiny boxy just consist of Paint + lots of clear coat? Get the ghetto chameleon paint job in a can and do a box. :santa:

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

i heard you have to resin or something like that the whole outside and man, just to much. and i found a build log with box covered in it!!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/65768-justins-yukon-build-update-912-new-box-soundstream-4-18s-xxx15k/

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

bondo, sand, more bondo, sand, primer, paint, wet sand, and then final coat.

99 Toyota tacoma

- Alpine CDA 9887 head unit

- Rockford Mids & Highs

- Soundstreme TRX Mids & High amp

- Hifonics 2010D amp

- 15 Kicker L7

- 4 cube fiberglass box at 33 Hz

- optima yellow top

- big 3

- Knu wiring

- future vision 8K hids

- 36 square Ft damp pro with tweaker kit

soon to come

-1 more optima yellow top

yeah but if i can avoid all that work by just buying some laminate or w.e thatd be awsome

1j1450.png

My buddy used some house primer in a can and rolled it on thick...

Then shot his color and lots of clear...

This is basically what I was thinking. It'd probably be the cheaper route too.

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

pics of your friends box? where he sprayed on tons of prime and lots of clear..

1j1450.png

pics of your friends box? where he sprayed on tons of prime and lots of clear..

My bad... Not spray can but roll on primer... Like what you would use inside...

But his was also painted with automotive paint..