DC Sound Lab

Question about my XL

So. I've had it playing for maybe 2 hours now and just realized how "soft" the cone is to push. I didn't really notice or look at how it was before I put it in but was wondering if this was just normal. I only have maybe 8-900watts going to it. Gain on my 1500 is barely 1/4 way, no bass boost, subsonic at 30ish, box tuned at 34.5hz, and remote gain knob hasn't even been up all the way really. Only have my brothers AQ's to compare to and his are still stiff as a board after almost 2 weeks on close to rated power now.

Edit: the speaker is quiet as a mouse when I push on it which I know is good and it plays good as hell so just curious.

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Yeah no need to worry, my xl was the same way and I overpowered by just a little with my sundown 2000 at .5 ohms and played it for hours. I just reconed it so it would match my new one and come to find out it had a ripped spider but I got an extra spider on the new one and recone so im good to go. Even with the ripped spider I hit my best number of 146 out of a rear facing trunk setup with just the one 12, DC ftw.

dc lvl 4xl 12

kicker zx1500

2 sets of kicker ds6.5s

optima yellow top (extra batt) with big 3

1/0 guage and 3 150amp anls

eclipse cd5000 headunit

In a 09 kia spectra, that was in the kick I mite add, and my box had 2 4" aeros and was tuned around 45hz, but it also pulled 165 in the port, just one port lol. I know you are happy with that xl though, they don't dissappoint.

dc lvl 4xl 12

kicker zx1500

2 sets of kicker ds6.5s

optima yellow top (extra batt) with big 3

1/0 guage and 3 150amp anls

eclipse cd5000 headunit