yea i think a few ppl on here have used them but im not sure how well they work...

The New - 2002 Acura Rsx (work in progress)Eclipse AVN7000Eclipse 4 Channel4 Polk Audio Db 6.5 (soon to be changed)T500.1Punch 3 15"- The (old) System - 94 GMC Sonoma Ext. CabH/U - Pioneer Avic D3Eclipse 4 Channel Amp2 MB Quart DUA 216 6.5 components2 Polk Momo 4x10s1 RF Power T5001bd2 RF P315D4's 5 cubes net @ 35hzPowermaster D1200 Battery

Guest MegaloManiac

yes a deep cycle battery is the way to go for a car with an accessory load, such as an a pounding stereo.

A deepcyle battery is technology used. the battery can be drained and recharged numerous times without hurting it, where as a normal lead acid(nondeepcycle) battery for a car isnt meant to go past 60% charge level, they(normal leadacid) were designed for just starting the car, thats it, then alty takes over.

whats physically different in a deep cycle battery, technology?

answer: the charging plates inside the battery are thicker. where as a normal non-deepcycle battery have thinner plates inside. The thicker the plates means less "wear" on them can happen. But the trade off is a slower current passthrough rate, which means it takes longer to charge and less energy to disperse as fast. in a nondeepcycle battery can past energy a lot faster but the plates will decay sooner. They(nondeepcycle) are usually cheap to make so you will see most of them with an 3+ warranty on them.

for that very reason Optima(battery company) has a red top(for starting purposes) & a yellow top(deepcycle, accesory loads). But Optima also has a dual purpose yellowtop. which can be used under the hood as a starting & accessory load battery, half and half kinda. it was meant for the clients who didnt want to spend money on 2 batteries.

hope that helps :)

oh and that drycell thing, thats just a battery that is usually sealed, no need to add water, it uses a gel

yes a deep cycle battery is the way to go for a car with an accessory load, such as an a pounding stereo.

A deepcyle battery is technology used. the battery can be drained and recharged numerous times without hurting it, where as a normal lead acid(nondeepcycle) battery for a car isnt meant to go past 60% charge level, they(normal leadacid) were designed for just starting the car, thats it, then alty takes over.

whats physically different in a deep cycle battery, technology?

answer: the charging plates inside the battery are thicker. where as a normal non-deepcycle battery have thinner plates inside. The thicker the plates means less "wear" on them can happen. But the trade off is a slower current passthrough rate, which means it takes longer to charge and less energy to disperse as fast. in a nondeepcycle battery can past energy a lot faster but the plates will decay sooner. They(nondeepcycle) are usually cheap to make so you will see most of them with an 3+ warranty on them.

for that very reason Optima(battery company) has a red top(for starting purposes) & a yellow top(deepcycle, accesory loads). But Optima also has a dual purpose yellowtop. which can be used under the hood as a starting & accessory load battery, half and half kinda. it was meant for the clients who didnt want to spend money on 2 batteries.

hope that helps :)

oh and that drycell thing, thats just a battery that is usually sealed, no need to add water, it uses a gel

In case some are unfamiliar with Optima,the blue highlight represents the blue top.Megalo`s mind was one step ahead of his fingers ;)

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

Guest MegaloManiac

what are you talking about? the bluetop is for marine use...boats

the yellow top is deepcycle & meant for the accessory loads

there are 2 versions of the yellow top.

Edited by MegaloManiac

^^^ X2 sure are----three typres of optimas n blue is for marine duty but still are deep cycle and still work, but they are the most expensive of the group

I got banned for being an ignorant ass....and im a dickhole

i like men, michael jackson and large sausages

what are you talking about? the bluetop is for marine use...boats

the yellow top is deepcycle & meant for the accessory loads

there are 2 versions of the yellow top

Yes you're right,but one is automotive [ dual purpose starting w/deep cycling abilities ] the other is commercial [ heavy equipment and such ]. The blue top is a deep cycle only. The blue top is better suited for high current accessory loads like the ''kinetik'' when the current delivery required is higher than the alternator`s output. Yellow top works in this senario,but not as well do to higher voltage drop while passing current.

I'm telling everyone this is I have been certified in battery technology,and used to be a mobile battery unit delivering,installing,other etc.I know what I'm talking about,I have experience with many different battery technologies

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png