Second Skin Audio

need box demension, help!

I have an 2008 civic coupe I just got. I'm wanting a slotted box, both port and sub facing forwards in the trunk. Sorry no wall. I would like it to look stock as possible if viewed from the interior. I can't seem to find anyone that has tried this. So mine could be the first! Please help if you can.

I have an 2008 civic coupe I just got. I'm wanting a slotted box, both port and sub facing forwards in the trunk. Sorry no wall. I would like it to look stock as possible if viewed from the interior. I can't seem to find anyone that has tried this. So mine could be the first! Please help if you can.

Your going to have to give the demensions of the trunk before anybody can help you with a box design. How much space you have to use and how much your willing to give up. What subs? What power? the whole nine yards.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

Like the post title says. It's going to be an 18" Fi btl fully loaded. But sorry, I just now got the dimensions. For the bottom it will be 31"Wx20"D, the top will be 31"Wx20"D, and 16 1/2"H. I know with that front angle the sub more than likely wont fit, but I want it in front, and I want it tuned as deep as possible. I can adjust in a couple areas if I need to, This is just smallest most compact measurements.

What front angle? you mention the top and bottom being the same size? I'm guessing that's a typo. I can help if you want.

Edited by bassl0va

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

You have just under 6 cubes gross..you're better off with a 15.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

You have just under 6 cubes gross..you're better off with a 15.

Depends what sub he is using, some 18"s won't mind a 6 cube box (but that's after displacement, you'll have only like 4.8 after everything, too small), but yeah, probably better off with sealed or using a 15". It would probably be louder with a 15" in the same amount of space. If he already has the sub he'll have to use it though.

Lol, just realized it is a trunk box, I thought it was a hatch back, in which case he could have a taller box. Definitely go for a 15".

Edited by bassl0va

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

It's GOING TO BE an 18" Fi btl fully loaded.

Depends what sub he is using, some 18"s wont mind. If he already has the sub he'll have to use it though.

He said its an 18" BTL. I was referring to a 15" BTL

He said, "going to be" which infers that he doesn't have it. If he does, he doesn't have to use it..he could sell it. Lol

LMFAO so true

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

He said its an 18" BTL. I was referring to a 15" BTL

He said, "going to be" which infers that he doesn't have it. If he does, he doesn't have to use it..he could sell it. Lol

lol, yeah, epic fail by me, haha. I had two tabs open with this and I thought they were different threads, and screwed up, haha. I have modeled a BTL 15" in bassbox pro and it actually did pretty good in a small box. But it would probably need 4K in the box. Still, yeah, 15" instead of 18".

I bet I look like a real twit after failing, haha.

lol, yeah, epic fail by me, haha. I had two tabs open with this and I thought they were different threads, and screwed up, haha. I have modeled a BTL 15" in bassbox pro and it actually did pretty good in a small box. But it would probably need 4K in the box. Still, yeah, 15" instead of 18".

I bet I look like a real twit after failing, haha.

Haha..its all good.

LMFAO so true