Sonic Electronix

amp true output and bass boost/level?

okay well im runnin a sony amp just to power some 6x9's. i know sony amps suck. but it gets the job done for them.

but i also have 2 fi bl 15's running off a 4500 watt quantum amp.

<http://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Mono-block-Efficient-Amplifier-Crossover/dp/B0030D9YEW>

could anyone tell me what the true output is of this amp? if it makes any difference in the voltage, im also running 230 amp alternator and have no extra batteries, although i am probably going to get some, and need them.

i know that most companies are bs about their amp output ratings, and 4500 watts for 200 dollars is cheap..

also, ive heard some people on here say that its better to turn the level up instead of the bass boost, what do yall think? i have them both set about half way right now, should i leave them like that, or would it be louder with the level all the way up and the bass boost all the way down, or the bass boost all the way up and the level all the way down?

also... i got an extended cab silverado, took the back seat out. the box has the two speakers in the middle and a port on each side of the front of the box. so its like port speaker speaker port. would it be better to have the speakers and ports facing up at the roof, back towards the bed, or facing the front of the truck.

thanks for yalls help. im pretty new here but know there are a lot of experts willing to help. so a shout out to all yall, thanks. yallz the shiit.

-alistair

oh and if anyone lives in south georgia pm me on here so we can meet up or hit each other up about shows and stuff or hear each others systems, do demos, etc, help each other out.. ya know. yall keep it easy

Archived