Sonic Electronix

Plastic bag noise being made by sub

So one of my subs is creating what I can only describe as what sounds like a plastic bag rattling. This happens at lower frequencies. For example, in the song 'Pop The Trunk" by Yelawolf. During the kicks and the higher parts of the bassline there is now rattle but there is during that low note. When I push down on the cone, it moves freely and I hear no scraping at all. The sub doesn't get hot and it seems to be keeping up with the other one.

EDIT: The sound is very quiet and not noticeable until you get right next to it.

Any ideas?

The subs are Sa-12s. The only difference I noticed is on the one that is making the noise, the dust cap looks to be a tad off center.

I tried taking a pic of it but they don't show it very well.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Rolladoedoe

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

Playing below your box tuning. Wires slapping inside the box?

Tuned between 33-34hz. And would it affect only one sub?

Doesnt sound like wires slapping. I put my ear up to the sub and it's definitely coming from there.

Get a hold of Jacob. Ok assuming these are new subs? I forget if you said so or not. I know the box is new though.

Well basically brand new. I had ran them both for a few weeks and then sold the box they were in and just ran a single one until i got the new box. The one that's making the noise was the one NOT in use for a couple weeks.

Well pulled the sub out today to check the coils and wouldn't you know one of the screws was stripped and was making and air leak. I checked the coils anyway and they are good. So problem solved. :) no more noise after i put it back in

Edited by Rolladoedoe