Sonic Electronix

Guys i NEED a new sub please help

thanks watchthebass will investigate £809 gbp hmmmmmm

no didnt scope with sub hooked up ??? should I ???

If you do this, you need this. If i would on your side with your budget i would take a sub from AA or FI who is comparable to your subamp.

Its B.S. to fire a SMD with 1000 Watts RMS. He take easyli more than the 3500 RMS. But if you realy want, get this, the amp is in Germany

Würzburg and for this wattage and price its a steal in Europe, and sell your alpine. But if run amps who are comparebale to SMD´s, AA Mayhems,

FI BTL, you need to upgrade your electrical, alt and batts. On your side with this budget, go with an FI Q or BL, or AA Havoc or Chaos in 18 and build

a nice box. To fire a SMD in Europe propper, you need easyli a budget of 2.5-3 k GBP.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

hmmm will oscope in the morning and see ty but it thought you oscope the output of the amp before a woofer is connected just like i did with the HU RCA's and no amp connected ?

are you thinking of using a DMM? and setting the AC voltage?

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

how about this guys...turn EVERY bass eq to 0 (if you have a subwoofer level like on alpine and kenwood headunits, put that up to +15 or +10 or whatever) THEN re-o-scope.

edit: there is absolutely no need to have all your bass eq's up all the way like that. no excuse for it IMO. also i didnt check but i hope you oscoped the preouts (put the leads directly onto the rcas) to check for clipping before you checked amp.

Edited by Kranny

yup scoped head unit before amp with an oscilloscope not dmm and no clipping until 8 bass so dropped bass to 7 and then scoped amp. found amp maxed out @ 24 volume on head unit @ 40htz tone gain on amp @ 4v and bass @ +16db no clip

am i doing something wrong ?

hmmm will oscope in the morning and see ty but it thought you oscope the output of the amp before a woofer is connected just like i did with the HU RCA's and no amp connected ?

the amp needs to be under load for an oscope.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

yup scoped head unit before amp with an oscilloscope not dmm and no clipping until 8 bass so dropped bass to 7 and then scoped amp. found amp maxed out @ 24 volume on head unit @ 40htz tone gain on amp @ 4v and bass @ +16db no clip

i see one possible problem. the bass boost works at a specific frequency. maybe on your amp its 32hz (just an example). when you test with the 40hz tone it isnt boosted at that frequency. then as you play music, anything below 40hz is more and more boosted and could be clipping very badly by the time it gets to 32hz.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

why do you WANT the bass at 8 or 7 or whatever. if you have a kenwood (my bass goes to 8 also thats why i asking) then it doesnt clip until volume 34 out of 35 on FLAT settings. if i put the bass to +1 it starts to clip.

Thanks Guys i cant thank you enough for trying to help me out :drink40:

Taking into account whats been said i have looked into my amp and it seems bass boost is 45hz.

head unit is a sony cdx gt31u and the bass control on it goes to +10 for the sub and upto +10 for bass/mids and trebs.

Im going to oscope it with as many tones as i can now from here http://www.stompaudio.com/test-tones-c-6793.html

Last time i oscoped the head unit @ 40htz i started @ 0 bass and could get max volume of 35 without clipping at all. I started turning the bass up and it started to clip @ bass 8 max volume 35. so backed the bass off to 7 and started setting the amp.

Looks like im going to have to start all over with the settings :noob: