Type S Component set VS Type R Coaxial

96Blazer

What do you all think I should go with between these two speakers? I am think the Type S Component set might be better; Though im just not 100% sure and want to get everything squared away before I buy my speakers.

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.

a component set should always be better then the coax version. now dont quote me this is my logic. If you serperate the Tweet from the Mid bass you eliminate the Mid bass waves canceling some of the Highs out i could be wrong but comp set would prolly be a better buy

Thats exactly what I was thinking really. But the fact that they were the same price and the coaxial was a higher "type" if you will, kind of threw me off. I really just wanna make sure I dont end up buying one or the other and finding out I should have bought the other.

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.

Archived