KIV-BT900 owners

To all the KIV-BT900 owners how slow is the unit when changing songs on the ipod? Just came from a local shop and the manager mentioned that at first it is extremely slow but one the unit "learns" your ipod and the album art that it does get quicker.

How well does the remote work with the HU? And are you limited by what your able to do with it?

1987 Grand National

HU Pioneer DEH-P7900BT

Dash 1.25 Tweeters(off brand)

Door 5.25 Infinity Kappas

Rear 6x9 Infinity Kappas

4 Chnl Pioneer PRS-D4100F

DC Lvl 4 w/Lvl 5 coils@1ohm(being made) in a 1.3 sealed box

Hifonics BXi1606D

hmmmm thats the only thing thats keeping me from making that leap, fiding out how terribly slow it is when it comes time to switch songs. And also from what ive read and been told that you cant browse through the ipod with the remote as you can directly from the HU, is this true? Ive noticed alot of the newer decks you cant browse your ipod from the remote, just change to the next or previous song. My current HU from 2007, pioneer DEH-P7900BT, i can control everything from the remote, only time i touch the HU is to show or hide the clock.

Does it give you the option to not show the album art and if so does that speed things up a bit?

What do you think about the X994? was that an option when you were looking for a HU?

Edited by Lsantana954

1987 Grand National

HU Pioneer DEH-P7900BT

Rear 6x9 Infinity Kappas

Hifonics BXi1606D

excelon was never an option for me, as i dont care about the double warranty or the gloss finish rather then the matte, or even the 5 band rather then 3 band eq as my decks settings are never ever touched anyhow.

bt945

x994

and kiv bt900

pretty much the same speed. but most peopel who have them dont know how to even use all the functions

well thanks for the help. looks like the prob with my old HU was that pico fuse. Decided to go ahead and repair it my self by bypassing the fuse. Came out great and no more eng noise, looks like ill be sticking with old faithfull for a bit longer. Shame they dont make HU like they use to.

Now i dont have to buy a HU now i can def get me that new DC sub ive been looking at, thanks again.

1987 Grand National

HU Pioneer DEH-P7900BT

Rear 6x9 Infinity Kappas

Hifonics BXi1606D