Sonic Electronix

Engine noise goign to drive me crazy!!

i bought it when Best buy was switching over from rockford to kicker (MEH) and it was there display one was never plugged in just bolted to the rack to show people. got it for 130 so IF it is bad then i wont feel bad putting a few bucks in it because websited MSRP is 360. I will bolt it up to my rear strut mount i also think it could be the connection on terminals, it was my first ever solder job so maybe thats bad does anyone have like 7 or 8" of 0 gauge laying around :-)))

Make sure when you remove one of the bolts from the strut tower be sure to sand down the area REALLY good before putting the ground there.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Make sure when you remove one of the bolts from the strut tower be sure to sand down the area REALLY good before putting the ground there.

i know but thank you for the help hopefully this will work >.< the noise is driving me crazy i cant even listen to music radio is off

I just read you are getting engine noise? That could be your ground or your RCA's but I do believe it to be the ground so redo that first than we can move onto the RCA's.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

yeah even when one of the 2 RCA is plugged into the REAR channel engine noise comes from both front speakers

ok i will let you know how it goes tomorrow !! then i can actually start building the new box :-)

ok so as of right now i think the amp is broke .... i refixed the ground and it still makes the noise ... also what i noticed is that i have my front speakers hooked to front 2 channels and subwoofers hooked up to rear channels ... i put the front RCA into the front RCA jack and i get music coming from the front channels AND the subwoofers .... not subtle but like the subwoofer RCA's are hooked up and there NOT .... what is wrong with that picture ???!?!!!!?!?!?!??!

rewireing the whole car re-routing the RCA's in a different spot going to see if that does anything after that sending amp to rockford fosgate ... really think it is the amp